Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Chicago Sunrise.

I caught this while we were in Chicago. The colors were awesome.

Len
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chicago Sunrise.-chicago-sunrise_004.jpg  

Re: Chicago Sunrise.

wow 27 views and no comments!

Beautiful image here. You caught it really well. I like everything about it and lots to look at and scope also. I'm surprised on how well the boats were exposed even though you were shooting in to the light. Really well done!
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

This is a beautiful shot, love the color. horizon should be rotated 1 or 2 degrees counter clockwise to level it up, but that's the only nit-pick I can come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by LeeIs
    wow 27 views and no comments!

Beautiful image here. You caught it really well. I like everything about it and lots to look at and scope also. I'm surprised on how well the boats were exposed even though you were shooting in to the light. Really well done!

Thanks

I shot with a 3 stop graduated ND filter down to the horizion & then brought up the shadows in PP.

Len

Thanks jetrim. I'll check the horizon

Len

Nicely done, Len.The filter allowed for the exposure in the boats and water. I like the composition, but only wish the boats in the very lower right corner were not there. Open water to the right of the frame would have been best I feel, but still this is beautiful.
    Very well done.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Is that belmont harbor?

Colors are lovely. I do agree with Gary about the boats in the right corner, but it's still a great shot.

MB1

Quote Originally Posted by Len J
    Thanks

I shot with a 3 stop graduated ND filter down to the horizion & then brought up the shadows in PP.

Len
    I was wondering how strong a filter you used........ when did you start using them?

I too agree that the boats on the bottom right are a distraction to a fantastic image.
    No, I DON'T need that.

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Marinas seem to be especially hard to photograph due to the jumble of boats and gear and difficulty in isolating subject.
    This is as good or better than I've seen and those colors and the exposure are fantastic.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Quote Originally Posted by MB1
    I was wondering how strong a filter you used........ when did you start using them?

I too agree that the boats on the bottom right are a distraction to a fantastic image.

You are the one that led me to start experimenting with them.

As to the boats, damn inconsiderate owners wouldn't move them at 6 AM....can you imagine?

Len

Quote Originally Posted by Len J

Len
    Thanks I've yet to use one of those. they look like they work! lol
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

Quote Originally Posted by jetrim
    This is a beautiful shot, love the color. horizon should be rotated 1 or 2 degrees counter clockwise to level it up, but that's the only nit-pick I can come up with.

I straightened it...thanks.

Len
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chicago Sunrise.-chicago-sunrise_004.jpg  

GB1

Intense colors .. very nice. The boat masks add a feeling of power here. The reflections are great. The only thing I would have done was to move the camera a tad to the right so that they sun would not be partially intersecting the mask, but it's OK. I wish the boats on the bottom right weren't there, but .. I don't think cloning them would be that convincing. Not sure the slight tilt that you straightened in the other post was a flaw, almost seemed to add to the shot

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Thread Information