Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Model

GB1

Model

Comments?

Gb
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Model-jen1.jpg  
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: Model

The dappled light marks under the right hand eye (her left) are very distracting.
    Not sure about the tattoo on her wrist either.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Hmm... I note the lighting and tattoo, but I think they are OK. Doesn't distract too much, really. (In my opinion). Composition is awesome, also I like the way you posed her.

Very nice. Maybe if there was slightly more fill-light on the face would be best, but sill a great shot as is. :thumbsup:

This has a really nice tropical poolside vibe. Love the hat and the pose. dappled light and tattoo are fine from my perspective, and the catchlights are unusual but cool. The one thing that bothers me is the smudge of light under her left eye (right side of pic) and the way the shadow from the hat interacts with it. (FWIW A.D.M.A. boosting the light output would amplify this even more!) The MUA did a really nice job on the eyes too

GB1

Thanks everyone for you insights. I did a fair amt of cropping on this image, looking for a square format and close-in perspective. This model really likes hats but this fedora's holes in the rim really hurts in a photoshoot. I sort of agree that it can work as an accent, but also see Paul's perspective. It's all the way you see it; flair, or error? Both maybe.

I'm not sure what a dim fill flash would have done here? My challenge w/ flash is not over-doing it, usually setting it to -2 f stops compensation as a guessimate and seeing how it looks.

Regarding that tattoo.. I'm not a tattoo guy. But this one is more tolerable than most, sort of adding a wild aspect.

Will play with this one some more - thanks for commenting,

gb

My Site

the way she is holding her hand, is distracting.. i dont know whether to concentrate on her hand or her face as the focal point. perhaps if her hat would be tilted a little towards the front, it would add curiosity to the picture? but overall i like the shot...

GB1

Good pt Ylowfloydhead. Her hand is pretty neat the way it is there but it also competes for attention. I think part of the issue is that her closest eye isn't as sharp as it could be, or have enough neat reflections, to grab one's attention. It would be fun if her hat was bend back in on the left (our left).

Nobody has commented on the border/frame btw

G

My Site

"Nobody has commented on the border/frame btw" Then it must be a good one. To me, a good frame keeps you in the photo but is invisible. - TF
    -----------------
    I am no better than you. I critique to teach myself to see.
    -----------------
    Feel free to edit my photos or do anything else that will help me learn.
    -----------------
    Sony/Minolta - way more gear than talent.

Thread Information