Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Avoid Need4Digital.com

Avoid Need4Digital.com. Click the following link for recent reviews. My review is the one dealing with the Canon EOS 40D.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/5th_Ave_Digital

This site also goes by these names:

• 5th Ave Digital
    • FifthAveDigital.com
    • needfordigital.com

--Tom

Re: Avoid Need4Digital.com

Quote Originally Posted by thomasm516
    Avoid Need4Digital.com. Click the following link for recent reviews. My review is the one dealing with the Canon EOS 40D.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/5th_Ave_Digital

This site also goes by these names:

• 5th Ave Digital
    • FifthAveDigital.com
    • needfordigital.com

--Tom
    Everything I can find out about the companies by these names is negative so they will be added to the list of sites to avoid.

There does seem to be a different company with almost the same name "Fifth Avenue Digital" that is legitimate. The difference in the name is that the word Avenue is spelled out. These people had this name first and are receiving bad publicity due to the similar name.

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience so they can be added to the list, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

They are still at it, worst service ever, try to up sell with bad information and overpriced extras. Shipped it late, been waiting 2 1/2 weeks shipped by UPS. Looks like I am going to get hammered another $80.00 for taxes and broker fees. I am done, no deal when your done with all the screwing...

I wish I had seen this forum post before I ordered from them. I tried to order a video camera from need4digital.com. I ordered it on April 1st. They never billed me. They finally called me today (April 6) to "verify the shipping address." Then they informed me that my camera wouldn't come with a battery, or any of the other stuff it's supposed to come with in order for it to work. If I were to order all of that stuff with it, it would have cost me an additional $500; which was $200 more than it would cost had I ordered the camera through Amazon... A camera that would have already come with everything I needed.

These scumbags are running a bait and switch scam that needs to be shut down. Avoid them like the plague!

I am another victim of this bait and switch site. Wish I read a few seller reviews first and I am astonished that I found them in a Google shopping results search with a 4 start rating!
    AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

I thought I would add my voice to the multitudes about "Need4Digital".
    I wanted that really sweet looking RED Nikon P500, and they said they had it in stock. Then when I heard nothing after I ordered, I called. It would be 8 weeks, they said. Then, when I said I would take the black one (I'm desperate because I'm leaving town in 8 days) they tried to sell me a battery because the one that comes with the camera isn't rechargeable and "only lasts for 20 minutes) You're kidding, right? And their customer service? RANK. LOUSY. Vaguely THREATENING.

I cancelled the order and have been watching my bank account like a hawk. I hate to think that this company has any of my information.
    So many red flags...glad I checked in and found out what criminals they are.

AVOID THEM AT ALL COST.

Thanks for letting us know about your dealings with them, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I was almost a victim of this BIG *******S, they were trying to sell me a Nikon D3100 with a "One time battery provided by NIKON" and a battery for this camera that costed 170 USD (ussually is 25-35$).
    They did not wanted to sell me the camera only unless I was buying their battery.
    Do not even think about dealing with these crooks.

Gil

Hello guys theres a website to report a Scam like this, it is INTERNET CRIME COMPLAINT CENTER (ic3.gov) It is one of the subsidiaries of FBI. If you go to FBI website they will direct you to the ic3.gov. I am one of the victim of need4digital.com. We need to tell the authorities the malpractices of bait and switch websites. So if we all send our complaints to ic3.gov we have a chance to be heard. I think this is the only way to shutdown need4digital.com

Just want to thank everybody to go through the trouble to warn about this company. I thought I might try my luck but when I called 2 days after I didn't hear anything about my order of a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 waterproof camera which was supposed to be $40 cheaper than Amazon.com I was somewhat rudely informed that I should have read that this order is without a rechargable battery. The one that would come with the order would only last 20 minutes but I could add one rechargable for an additional $129!!! Luckily they did not debit my credit card yet and I could cancel. Needless to say that nowhere it was stated that the camera came without a rechargable batterie, in the contrary I checked under the tap "Included Asseccories" and found this
    "Battery Pack, Battery Charger, Wrist Strap,USB Cable,A/V Cable,Software CD-ROM,1 Year Limited Warranty"
    They said it is because they are wholesale and not a retailer.
    So, yes stay away and don't waist your time with need4digital

Unhappy Re: Avoid Need4Digital.com

5/16/2011

I tried to purchase a Canon powershot S95 camera from Need4Digital yesterday as they advertised price was $369 instead of $399 or higher. However, I soon found out that they only sell part of the camera NOT the whole manufacture package. In order to have a complete package, you have to pay lots more. Thus this company is a spam. Avoid it anyway if you can.

p.s., curiously on the NextTag web, it listed this company with 5 stars satisfaction out of about 300 customer reviews.

I ordered a Canon PowerShot SX30 IS online (05/14/2011) for $388.00 delivered. Upon calling "Need for Digital" the company with many aliasis for a reason, I was informed that the camera as purchased would not operate. For only $499.00 I could also get the required firmware to make the Cannon camera operative. I am filing complaints with the New York State Attorney General and the Federal Internet Fraud Division of the F.B.I. Since I placed the order from another state I am also filing a complaint with the State Attorney General where the order was placed.

Stay away from this scam company. Their practices are not only wrong, they are illegal in all 50 states.

Sincerely,
    William Korn

Quote Originally Posted by geneman
    5/16/2011

I tried to purchase a Canon powershot S95 camera from Need4Digital yesterday as they advertised price was $369 instead of $399 or higher. However, I soon found out that they only sell part of the camera NOT the whole manufacture package. In order to have a complete package, you have to pay lots more. Thus this company is a spam. Avoid it anyway if you can.

p.s., curiously on the NextTag web, it listed this company with 5 stars satisfaction out of about 300 customer reviews.
    Curious, I think not!
    This company has their "little evil ones" posting when they are not busy. All 5 stars is not possible as they scam everyone or at least attempt to do so.

Nextag is not very dilligent in policing the ratings for fraud.

Thread Information