Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Woosh...Haiti, 2009

Woosh...Haiti, 2009-woosh.before.jpg

Woosh...Haiti, 2009-woosh.after.jpg

This is a picture I took in Haiti last month. It was taken with my old, trusty Canon PowerShot A630...it is a little powerhouse of a camera.

I saw this piece of brain coral on the beach and took several shots of it...finally I put my camera almost on the sand and ended up with this shot.

I used my Paint Shop Pro to edit it a bit...cleaned up the color saturation...levelled out the horizon and took away those lines. (they were a zip line....what the heck were they thinking putting them there to mess with my shot!!!)

I welcome your critique of this photo!!

Re: Woosh...Haiti, 2009

I really like this one, the fast shutter speed works really well to covey the violence of the wave yet stop the action. Midday shots are tough, but you did well with this one.

I really like the second one. It is much better exposed and composed.

A picture is a present you give yourself shootme's Avatar

Great composition and capture, well done. #2 works for me though I'd crop a bit off the top to put the horizon a bit more off center. Cheers, S.
    :thumbsup: Shootme...

Please don't edit and re-post or use my images (not that you'd want to anyway...). without my written permission. Thank you

Thread Information