Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

The grass IS greener

Landscape, portrait, with hedge, or not, I tried a few different ways
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The grass IS greener-img_4897.jpg   The grass IS greener-img_4898.jpg   The grass IS greener-img_4899.jpg  
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Re: The grass IS greener

Paul: I think the third one works the best. The composition of the first shot doesn't work because the frame is divided into equal thirds with the middle third divided equally. Very static. The second is a bit better, but the third is better. I think you could improve the composition by moving the fence line between the feilds to the right so that it was 2/3rd of the way across the frame, instead of in the middle. Also, try tilting the horizon a bit to increase the diagonal lines, which will usually increase the dynamism of the composition.

all you need is a cow on the left side.

I'm torn between the first and third. I think at a gut level I like the first one best. The grass on the right of the third shot just seems like excess. I think in the first shot the eye is drawn straight to the dividing line, which is the point of the picture. (you MUST have the title to appreciate the shot.) The third one there's too much to look at, and the point of the pic gets a little lost. Maybe it's because of the big black shadow on the right.
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

I think number 3 is the best compromise. I suggest experimenting with color saturation for this.

PRB

Oh Paul --- this is a hoot!

I would lose the foreground fence on the 2nd shot and straighten up the horizon by pulling the left side up a bit, and then, I think that shot would tell your "grass is greener" story perfectly. :smile5:

This is a terrific find and I thank you for sharing it with us.

My Best to You,
    Penny
    My love for others is NOT conditional on their meeting my standards.

I like the 3rd because of the other bush on top but I would edit out the shadow on the greener grass. Good find!
    Summer Katz
    Katz Photography
    www.katzphotography.net

Thread Information