Canon Cameras Equipment Forum

For discussing all things Canon - Canon digital SLRs, Canon PowerShot digital cameras, Canon film cameras, lenses, accessories, etc. Your Canon Cameras Forum moderator is livin4lax09.
Canon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Canon Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 35mm Film SLR Reviews >>
All Canon Product Reviews >>
Canon Cameras & History >>
    racing > all

450D Canon Battery Grip + Flash

Decided on my birthday present - what brands are you all running? I'm a believer in the Canon products, but Canon doesn't seem to offer a grip. I see a lot of aftermarket brands but I wanted to see if anyone had one that they felt feels sturdy and looks good on the camera.

AA compatibility is not a necessity. I already have two extra Canon brand batteries. I like to shoot vertical and horizontal a lot and switch it up (I'll shoot 500-1000 frames in an hour of coaching baseball or track trying to get one good shot) so I could really use the secondary shutter feature.

Also, I am using a Transcend 16GB Class 6 memory card and during track practice (so far, just indoors, these kids are only 10 at the oldest) I am getting "BUSY" a lot since I'm shooting nearly all shots with flash. Is this a shortcoming of the factory camera flash 'recharging', or as I read in the PC Photo magazine, possibly a write speed issue? Non flash on continuous I can click off 7-8 hits before I get the "BUSY". Would a SpeedLite help resolve this issue, or just improve flash quality and image quality? If so, what would be a suitable flash for my uses (30 feet at most, lenses in sig)? Used is fine, so an older but easily sourceable one would work.
    98 Cobra - AI racecar - 300HP, lots of suspension

Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi (450D)
    Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
    Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS

So long as you credit me as the original photographer, go to town with my work. You can't make it any worse.

racing > all

Re: 450D Canon Battery Grip + Flash

Canon BG-E5...found it. Wow, I suck. And Canon needs a more easily navigable website.

So long as you credit me as the original photographer, go to town with my work. You can't make it any worse.

Glad you were able to find the grip for your camera. I understand about the Canon site, that is why I look for the items on the B&H site.

As far a the flash is concerned, I have the 430 for my XTi and I am happy, or you can step up the the 580.

The "Busy" well happen with using the flash, just like you stated the recycle time. As you mentioned in continuous shooting the flash is not going off for each shot so no lag time, only when you stop you will get the "Busy". With a speedlite it will still have a delay, since it also has a recycle time to deal with, if that is a major concern then the 430 show a recycle time of 3 sec.

James

racing > all

By the 580 do you mean the "old" 580 or the new top of the line EXII. Canon is really putting out some marketing for that product, is it really that great? (I bought the 450D before the eleven billion commercials and magazine ads...)

Do you think the 430 will suit my needs for at least a year? Non professional indoor/outdoor running/baseball, car photography, random walk around and shoot things I see? I guess I'm mainly concerned with the flash recycle time and flash performance from a depth perspective, I really like the flash to enable myself to use quick shutter speeds and still keep ISO 200-400 for good image quality. How long has the 430 been on the market? I assume it's an easier unit to try and find used or pre-owned to "try" out to see if it is what I need?

Well from the information on the Canon site the new 580EX II has a 20% faster recycle time compare to the 580EX. So for your situation the newer one would be better.

You can always purchase the 480EX, which I have, or the 480EX II for now. Like you said for the next year, then set up to the 580EX II and use the 480 as a slave flash.

I know it might sounds crazy but for your situation you can rent both flashes to see for yourself which one will fit your needs. I have rented lens from LensRentals, they also have the flashes in question. It looks like you can rent both the 480EX II and 580EX II for a week for under $100.

James

racing > all

I was always wondering that, there are quite a few lenses and flashes I would like to try out but I didn't know how expensive it was - I just may do that!

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

580EX II is faster, quieter, and seems to go longer on batteries than the 580EX.
    Also the foot is stronger - my 580EX broke while out in FL.

If you want really fast recycling you will need an external battery pack.
    But then you have to watch out for overheating the flash itself with long bursts.
    Worth it if you have to use flash.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

racing > all

1/30 gets wayyyyyyyy too much blur.
    1/40 needs +.5 brightness correction on computer it is so dark, yet still has some blur.
    camera flash seems to get colors wrong and really flash the foreground bright but fades past what seems like five feet - I know I need to work on my flash settings and white balance for the color, but I'm not sure if there is anything I can do with the on-body flash

Renting the 580 EX II and a Canon 16-35mm f/2.8L II. My excuse is my honeymoon coming up starting Sunday (a year late......$$$). I found the 580 in "great" condition local enough I can go pick it up for $250 used, is the performance good enough to justify half the cost of the 580 EX II? Keeping in mind I'm using a 450D and won't be upgrading anytime this year.

As the season progresses we move outside (supposed to today, canceled due to thunderstorms). Outdoors shooting is so much easier. No flash unless I really want to, I can usually shoot 1/100 in direct sunlight and freeze running shots well with good depth of field at ISO 200.

R.R. Donnelley Race-discrimination Case Heads for the U.S. Supreme Court

Quad/Graphics’ Joel Quadracci Speaks about Worldcolor Acquisition Office Supplies By Pete Rivard December 1, ,Small and Medium-Sized Businesses… The Pot of Gold at the End with the Recession Rainbow In structuring the conference, CAP Ventures felt strongly enough around the importance needed-added services that a whole special interest day, which I had the pleasure of chairing, was dedicated towards the subj ct. With ever-increasing competitive pressures and print apathy threatening to increasingly commoditize the printing industry, successful print companies are striving to differentiate themselves and protect declining margins by providing an array worthwhile-added services created to meet specific customer ne ds. From digital data repositories to fulfillment and distribution, these facilities address every phase with the printing and publishing workf ow. During this special interest day, attendees have been told by innovative print carrier's networks that have used value added services to change their businessesand to come up with double digit revenue growth even inside midst in the printing industry's Perfect St rm. ,printing solutions printing-in-ch na.net

A New Take on On Demand

Differentiation and it is Role in Developing Profitable Growth printing solutions printing in china Automation and integration ,Eyes about the Packaging and Labels Prize: an Interview with Sappi’s Mark Odgers The incomplete fact is “Print 09,” the show that could occupy Chicago’s McCormick Place from September 11 through September 16 of next year. At drupa, it had been the mission of GASC vice chairman Christopher Price to promote the show’s new theme—MyPRINT—as well as explain why the repositioning will exhibitors and attendees the sort of “personalized” experience that’s been missing from trade events. ,Box Printing Label Printing printing-in-china.net

EskoArtwork’s Post-Merger Strategy Highlights Renewed Focus on Commercial Printing

FREE SPECIAL CONTENT: Niels M. Winther, President and CEO, Heidelberg USA publishing companies gift wrap bags During Graph Expo, I had the pleasure of selecting Benny Landa for more information regarding the progress of Landa Nanographic Printing mainly because it took many from the headlines at drupa 2012. We also discussed other initiatives Mr. Landa has underway in Landa Labs, which provides the tagline Big Things from Small Particles. ,Cenveo Reports Loss on Charges, Announces IPO of Canadian Envelope Business: Summary of Fourth Q4 Earnings Call By some time you see this, ,personalized stickers booklet printing printing-in-china.com Digital Leaders Gathering in Las Vegas for AppForum 2013 ,medical office supplies business card printing Why Brazil's megadrought is a Wall Street failure - Istanbul International Schools Forum Карта пробок | Пробки Кирова, борьба с пробками, организация дорожного движения http://saian.net/contact-us/?contact-name=Armandodub&contact-email=adasdfsp3.ir%40gmail.com&contact-website=http%3A%2F%2Fprinting-in-china.com&contact-msg=FREE+Special%3A+Can+Printers+Really+Be+In+the+ Communications+Business%3F+office+stationary<%2Fa>+wholesale+stationery<%2Fa>+Why+can+we+push+ourselves+to+extreme+pressure%3F+ I+are+not+aware+of.+I+estimate+that+perhaps+for+wh om+the+gods+will+destroy%2C+they+first+make+creati ve.+There+I+was%2C+with+a+crossroad.+One+road+led+ to+some+comfortable+retirement+the+spot+that+the+b iggest+decision+I+makes+was+if+they+should+roll+to wards+the+right+or+left+as+a+way+to+have+more+sun+ in+this+little+back.+The+other+road+triggered+lear ning+tips+on+how+to+master+this+new+fangled%2C+dat a-driven%2C+toner+encrusted%2C+green+button+technolo gy.+I+never+considered+that+it+could+make+me+a+VDP +addict+as+well+as+a+Graphic+Schizophrenic.+And+it %27s+highly+contagious%21+%2CCustomers+Don%27t+Buy +Return+on+Clicks++%0D%0AThese+messages+have+never +gone+unnoticed+by+enterprising+printing+firms+tha t+are+adding+new+generation+DI%26rsquo%3Bs+thus+to +their+production+portfolios.+Particularly+because +it+relates+on+the+labor+issues%2C+the+high+a+high er+level+automation+in+the+Presstek+34DI+and+52DI% 2C+joined+with+waterless+printing+technology+that+ eliminates+ink+and+water+balance+issues%2C+enable+ those+to+be+effectively+operated+with+a+less+skill ed+press+operator.+%2Cprint+stickers<%2Fa>+office+accessories<%2Fa>++%0D%0Aprinting-in-china.com+Finally%2C+two+reports+detailing+the+mos t+important+providers+of+I-COM+solutions%2C+what+you+provide+as+well+as+their +position+from+the+marketplace.+%2Ctissue+wrapping+paper<%2Fa>+white+wrapping+paper+roll<%2Fa>++%0D%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fwww.fis.com%2Ffis%2Fguestbook %2F%2Fguestbook.asp%3Fl%3De%26CiaName%3DLarrySooks %26Address%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fprinting-in-china.net%26City%2FState%3DYangon%26country%3Diq%2 6ZIP%3D123456%26trial%3D%26text1%3DA%2520Visit%252 0with%2520KPG%3A%2520Sales%2520Strategy%2C%2520Rea lTimeImage%2520Acquisition%2520Update%2520-%2520Part%25201%2520office%2520accessories%2520ArmandoTOWNĸ - ǧĿ - ð֣ Forging Creative Connections to Grow Business COLORFIELD http://www.fis.com/fis/guestbook//guestbook.asp?l=e&CiaName=Donaldfenia&Address=http://printing-in-china.net&City/State=Rajkot&country=in&ZIP=123456&trial=&text1=International%20Paper%20Q3%20Performance%20M isses%20Analyst%20Expectations:%20Summary%20of%20T hird%20Quarter%202006%20Earnings%20Call%20print%20 business%20cards%20http://xxx.celesteblue.com/x/maturib...p;comment=0071 There are NO obligations! :: Jeanine Walton • Los Gatos, CA.

Thread Information