Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Same old bridge

Same old bridge

Thought I would take a shot Would like to know what would make it better.

Thank you
    Troy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Same old bridge-ft-point-4-3-2009-jpeg_2_resize.jpg   Same old bridge-ft-point-4-3-2009-jpeg_1_resize.jpg  

Re: Same old bridge

The first one is kinda graphic, lines leading the eyes in to the shot. Very magaziney. I could imagine a centre spread using this. Also works well for a magazine type cause there's lots of negative space where type can go.

The 2nd one shows more of the context of the area. I really don't know which one I prefer more. probably the 2nd one. As far as improvement. tough to tell, both are technically just fine.
    Liban

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have." Nelson Mandela

Nikon Samurai #23 - The Alexei Ponikarovsky of PR

Havana Cuba Photography

Chicagoland, IL, USA (transplanted canadian)

Composition wise I think they are great. Color wise, I think they are just a little flat. Perhaps increasing the saturation just a tad would help bring out the colors and a tiny-bit of contrast would make things pop.
    Cheers,
    Greg

---
    Canon Digital Rebel XTi
    Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 XR Di II VC (new favorite)
    EF-S IS 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6; EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III; EF 50mm f/1.8 II
    Sony CyberShot DSC-V1

I agree with xystren that the pics need to be "snapped" up a bit . I like the second shot a little more, but I would have moved up just a little closer on the chain to take out the top of the post.

Thank you all for the kind words.
    This was the first time out with my new camera(D300). I actually decreased the saturated in them. All of the pictures I took that day seamed to saturated probably went a little to far in my correction.
    P S these were taken in Raw saved to a Tiff in PS and converted to Jpeg for posting therefor none of the EXIF data was lost. How can I prevent that from happening??
    Thanks again
    Troy

Chicagoland, IL, USA (transplanted canadian)

P S these were taken in Raw saved to a Tiff in PS and converted to Jpeg for posting therefor none of the EXIF data was lost. How can I prevent that from happening??
    If you in Photoshop, and you want to preserve the EXIF data, don't use the "Save for web" option as it strips out the EXIF information.

Doing a save as, and selecting JPG as the file format will preserve the EXIF data.
    Cheers,
    Greg

---
    Canon Digital Rebel XTi
    Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 XR Di II VC (new favorite)
    EF-S IS 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6; EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III; EF 50mm f/1.8 II
    Sony CyberShot DSC-V1

Thread Information