Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    GB1

Bikini Model from last Summer

Playing 'round with a few images I never had time for.

Anything w/ this shot?? I do realize that it's an unusual crop but it just seemed to draw attention to her a lot more.

Oh and tried three different color adjustments. The baby blue one is a radical one

G
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bikini Model from last Summer-_dsc7767_sq1_px800.jpg   Bikini Model from last Summer-_dsc7767_sq3_px800.jpg   Bikini Model from last Summer-_dsc7767_sq2_px800.jpg  
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: Bikini Model from last Summer

It is okay... not really anything jumping out at me.... except the dirty surfboard.. that is the first thing I really notice. It is a good picture just nothing extraordinary.... does that make sense??
    Summer Katz
    Katz Photography
    www.katzphotography.net

GB1

Chow - Yes, that makes sense! Thanks for the heads up on the surfboard .. the finer details make a lot of difference in a photo and to be quite honest I didn't even notice that.. shows that sometimes you're too close to your own photographs to see (hence the reason we're all here on the Photo Critique forum !!)

G

My Site

Quote Originally Posted by GB1
    Chow - Yes, that makes sense! Thanks for the heads up on the surfboard .. the finer details make a lot of difference in a photo and to be quite honest I didn't even notice that.. shows that sometimes you're too close to your own photographs to see (hence the reason we're all here on the Photo Critique forum !!)

G
    I would add that in the context of the photograph being a bikini model, I would expect it to have crisp/vivid sunny light and vibrant blue sky and sea, that make me want to go to the beach, the cloudy sky does not do that at least for me...

I declare my self total noob but in the photo review area, but this is what I thought when looking at this photo...
    otherwise nicely done, subject very well captured :thumbsup:

GB1

Poko - You nailed it: the context doesn't match the environment. I feel for photographers (and sponsors) when they plan a big model shoot in the Bahamas or something costing tens of thousands of dollars, and the weather is like this the whole time. I think one has to be prepared with alternative ideas in case, ones that still produce different though usable pix. Thanks again for your insight.

G

My Site

MB1

She is smiling too hard.
    No, I DON'T need that.

Thread Information