just wondering what everyone thinks of this puppy. I have not bought it yet, but from what I have read on it, this one is the best of the Long zoom non DSLRs.

the reason I am in the market is that I went to White sands with my old 2MP kodak PnS and basically killed it because I got Gypsum in it some how. I liked the features that my parts has on their Nikon 4300, but I wanted more zoom on my new camera to get some nice close up shots. I started looking and thought that all the choices sucked, with the Kodak 6490 and the Canon Powershot S1 IS being the best of the worst...then I found the Kyocera camera and read up on it...I was impressed with the shutter lag and the fact that it has little barrel distortion (according to dave's).

so, what do you all think? I know there is no IS, but I think that people who whine about IS are just babies since long zooms have been around (though not as widely and as cheaply) for a long time with film and no one complained about using a mono pod or tripod before.

thanks.