Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

My Gushing Leica Digilux 2 Review

I have finally finished my Leica Digilux 2 review. I hope it doesn't ruin what little reputation I have as an impartial camera reviewer. I love that camera. I can't afford it, but I love it.

Read the Leica Digilux 2 Camera Test >>

Thanks to my friend Elsa - the best model ever - for posing in front of the Leica at Alabama Hills.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Gushing Leica Digilux 2 Review-elsa_alabama.jpg  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Post Script

Just in case there's any confusion, the camera Elsa is holding is not the Digilux 2. It's the secret weapon of many a pro, the much acclaimed, and very formidable, Olympus Stylus Epic.
    Photo-John

Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    I have finally finished my Leica Digilux 2 review. I hope it doesn't ruin what little reputation I have as an impartial camera reviewer. I love that camera. I can't afford it, but I love it.

Read the Leica Digilux 2 Camera Test >>

Thanks to my friend Elsa - the best model ever - for posing in front of the Leica at Alabama Hills.
    My understanding is that the Leica is a rebranded Panasonic. In fact, the two reviews on another site were as identical as I could make out. Is there a substantially real difference that makes the Leica a better choice for all that extra money? Is it just the Leica name and look?
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Panasonic vs. Leica - Great Question

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Fanelli
    My understanding is that the Leica is a rebranded Panasonic. In fact, the two reviews on another site were as identical as I could make out. Is there a substantially real difference that makes the Leica a better choice for all that extra money? Is it just the Leica name and look?
    I haven't had a chance to use the Panasonic, but as far as I know, you're correct. The cameras are pretty much the same. The only differences I'm aware of are the Panasonic is black and ships with a different software bundle. Basically, it appears that the Leica badge costs $250. I would expect Leica's customer service to be better but I don't know if that's worth $250. I have to admit that I like the idea of owning a Leica, but if they're really the same, I'd buy the Panasonic. And even at $250 less, the Panasonic DMC LC1 isn't a cheap camera.
    Photo-John

I want this masine

Thread Information