Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>
    Chris Anderson-Photography fidgety's Avatar

HS Basketball at 3200

First home game of the season. Shot at ISO 3200, aperture priority of 2.8 with a white balance setting of 3100 degrees Kelvin, which seems to work best in this gym. The darks and shadows are a tad noisy but I wanted the white uniforms to come out well.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Chris Anderson
    Sportsshooter.com Member
    Southcreek Global Media
    MaxPreps

Re: HS Basketball at 3200

Nice basketball .. but I think it's easier to view the pictures if you don't just put them side by side, instead posting one and putting a line between each... easier to enjoy each individual photo. It's hard to focus on one picture at a time when you bunch them in the post.
    EOS 7D, Canon 24-70F2.8, Sigma 70-200 F2.8 (with or without 1.4 Extender), and posting photos on my website: viewthroughmylens.net

Nice work here! I see a very slight color shift from the lights cycling, but it's barely noticable. On the few occasions that I have to shoot ambient in a gym I have tried setting a Custom WB and also Auto WB. Either seems to get pretty much the same results if the lights don't have reactive coupling to minimize the 60hz shift. HS gyms are always a challenge but you've done a really nice job working with the circumstances.
    Daniel - PixElite Photography

http://www.pixelitephotography.com
    http://www.actionphototips.com
    http://www.maxpreps.com
    I use Nikon Professional gear.

Chris Anderson-Photography fidgety's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DHMN69
    Nice basketball .. but I think it's easier to view the pictures if you don't just put them side by side, instead posting one and putting a line between each... easier to enjoy each individual photo. It's hard to focus on one picture at a time when you bunch them in the post.
    I don't put them side by side. The photographyreview.com program that uploads them does.
    Chris Anderson
    Sportsshooter.com Member
    Southcreek Global Media
    MaxPreps

Thread Information