Canon Cameras Equipment Forum

For discussing all things Canon - Canon digital SLRs, Canon PowerShot digital cameras, Canon film cameras, lenses, accessories, etc. Your Canon Cameras Forum moderator is livin4lax09.
Canon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Canon Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 35mm Film SLR Reviews >>
All Canon Product Reviews >>
Canon Cameras & History >>

Canon Powershot A2000 IS transfer help needed

Hello:

I just bought a Canon Powershot A2000 IS and I tried to install the software disc provided tonight. It fails right away that my OS is not compatible. I run Windows Server 2003 and going back to XP is not an option.
    Is there any good free software out there that will allow the transfer of the images to my computer?
    I only have the USB cable supplied and do not have a card reader.
    As long as I can get the files transferred I have other software to do simple things like resize, crop etc. Most of the pictures will be just emailed,etc but the real problem is getting them off the camera.

Thanks from a Newbie!

Re: Canon Powershot A2000 IS transfer help needed

It might be easier to get an external card reader for under $20 and you are on your way.

James

BTW, welcome to the forum...

Thanks for the info. As luck (or fate) would have it, I got a virus that kept forcing the desktop in and out of a loop. Safe Mode was not even an option. I installed XP and the cd is fine now. Just have to try the camera with it now.

Well yet another update. I reverted back to 2003 as I find it a much better OS..long story with XP. :mad2:
    So therefore I am having to look for a card reader I guess. I'm getting indication that I may not find a card reader so easy here in Canada.

Here is is the memory card I have:
    http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/pro...0092929&catid=

The question I have is:

- if I do find a card reader from Future Shop will it just get detected as a memory drive in my computer with no other info needed? eg drivers

Like I mentioned before I just want the drive seen as drive in Windows so I can drag files from it and place them in a folder.

Thread Information