ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Maid of Honor X2

October has been an incredibly crazy month! Let me start of by saying that when two of my closest friends asked me to be a maid of honor in their wedding 1 week apart I thought I was going to die. Not from excitement, but more out of terror. I accepted under the disclaimer that they had to specify what girly-duties they'd need performed. I'm by no means what is described as a "girly-girl." I might be femine, but not at all dainty. I work on airplanes for a living for crying out loud! So, with the weddings behind me I'll simply say I'm glad they're over. The second wedding was in upstate New York. The setting was beautiful but the week was...well, interesting. I got some great pictures out of the deal though. I'd been feeling slightly discouraged photography-wise so I thought I'd pop in here and get some feedback. It's been a while since I'd been on here, so don't hold back!

I took these first two pics in the town of Stillwater. I think you can figure where they got the name. I posted two similar pictures because the second one had flare. I know some people like it, or try for it, but I thought this was why you purchase those hoods for your lens? Let me know...(I'm using photobucket, hopefully they all post okay!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

I took this one joking around with a girlfriend of mine, but after looking at it, it reminded me more of a senior portrait!

Photobucket

The Bride and Groom (he almost didn't live through that week because he drove me insane-but then he took me around NYS and let me take a thousand pictures, so it made up for his butt-headed-ness)

Photobucket

Awesome trees!

Photobucket

Another bridesmaid playing in the leaves, one of my favorite shots

Photobucket

Photobucket

Saratoga Battlefield

Photobucket

A different angle, trying to mirror a stamp I saw

Photobucket

The groom threw leaves in the brides face, it turned into a giant leaf-throwing war. I only attached two of the pictures but if you look at them in the full sequence, they're pretty funny

Photobucket

Photobucket

And while I didn't take this picture, I set up the camera so I take partial credit. My boyfriend and I

Photobucket

:thumbsup:
    "I say, when life gives you lemons, use it so the salt sticks to your margarita glass":devil:
    -Me

www.flickr.com/photos/natashaleigh

Re: Maid of Honor X2

Much enjoyed viewing-the first bride and groom is my favorite.

" Got Soul, but I'm Not a Soldier "
    The Killers

“ Make no judgments where you have no compassion ”
    Anne McCaffrey

" If you wish to know what a man is, place him in authority.'
    Yugoslav Proverb

I'm partial to your photography I know, but i love how you capture color and emotion in your photos. You have a great eye, and I could learn a thing or two from you I'm sure
    "I know the price of success: dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen." ~ Frank Lloyd Wright

Nice pictures, I love it when the images tell the story of the event as yours do.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Susaan, Thanks! The Bride is really photogenic so it helps!

Chris, You're a little bias, but it's okay- I love you anyway. Welcome to the forum

Old Timer, I'm pretty good at taking multiple shots when I get a little action. When I go back through the pictures I've found I'm not that great of a photographer, I just happen to catch 1 good picture out of a hundred!
    "I say, when life gives you lemons, use it so the salt sticks to your margarita glass":devil:
    -Me

www.flickr.com/photos/natashaleigh

Stop Or I'll Shoot Photography Lori11's Avatar

What fun photos! Upstate is breathtaking for sure. I too like the emotion in them, I just wish the legs were not cut off. What a fun trip and wedding it must have been

Thread Information