Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Dry fall creek.

Dry fall creek.

Thanks in advance for the learning.

Len
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dry fall creek.-fall-creek-gorge_20081025_201dsc_5494_024.jpg  

Re: Dry fall creek.

1) use a tripod!!!
    2) I've read/found that forest floors are usually very messy and ugly (generally)
    3) The stream doesn't stand out enough for me and maybe a different angle (closer to the ground, pointing up? more of the area it's feeding into? etc) would be better

Quote Originally Posted by caleb
    1) use a tripod!!!
    2) I've read/found that forest floors are usually very messy and ugly (generally)
    3) The stream doesn't stand out enough for me and maybe a different angle (closer to the ground, pointing up? more of the area it's feeding into? etc) would be better
    1.) I did
    2.) I agree
    3.) Good idea.

Thanks

len

MB1

The image really looks flat (depthwise) to me. I want something more in the foreground.
    No, I DON'T need that.

Len, I find that shooting in a forest most of the time is extremely difficult to get on camera what it is you see while being there. There is so much around with the leaves on the floor, the trees, branches, etc.
    I like the upper half of the shot, but the lower half is strange to me. It looks like a creek but then the shape of the water (is it frozen?)throws me off. i'm not sure what I'm looking at there. All I could suggest is a different perspective perhaps.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Thread Information