Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

First photoshop attempts

I just got photoshop CS3 and it is amazing. I'm like a kid with a free pass to the amusement park...I wanna do everything!!!! So I started messing around and doing tutorials and here is what I got. The first picture is of my girlfriend. I tried to smooth out her skin and whiten her teeth a little (not that she needs it) just practicing. The next one is a landscape just cropped it and adjusted some of the levels. Lastly is some people at a party I added a slight cooling filter and blur. Let me know what you think and any tricks you know of for photoshop that would help these pictures.

Snap it up
    Naz
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Re: First photoshop attempts

Looking at it now I should have cropped out the truck in the first one and I think the size of the pictures made them look a little rough they look better bigger.
    Snap it up
    Naz

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I don't know about the second two but for the first I'd try cloning out the truck, lawn, and the dark thing at lower left. The lawn part might not work as it shows through her hair a bit.
    Photoshop can be a lot of fun.....too much at times.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Nice, and what i like is that even though your excited about all the options there for you now, you still maintained your cool and edited these moderately and with care.
    In the portait I can see the before and after and I think you did well in bringing her tones and exposure out some more as well as smoothing the skin and flattering the overall look. A tip would be to create a layer ( duplicate layer) and apply the bluring to the layer. Then, rease the blur from the eyes and lips and hair as those things you want to maintain sharpness and clarity, usually.
    Cloning the truck out is a good idea, the lawn can stay.
    Nice work
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

i agree with you but how i create some effective works in photo shop ,
    i want you are give more information about the photo shop tutorials.

thanks
    i wait your reply

Thread Information