Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Compact photo printers - epson picturemate vs. canon selphy

Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone has any opinions on how the canon selphy ES2 compares to the epson picturemate 240? I've been looking for a compact photo printer for a few months now, one that will give me excellent quality prints straight from the camera and the computer. From the reviews i've read i think the epson will give me better quality pics but the canon has the advantage of being able to print various picture sizes without the use of the computer. I can't decide which model to go with, please help!

Re: Compact photo printers - epson picturemate vs. canon selphy

Price the ink. This will be your single largest expense after the the purchase. Take the capacity of the cartridges into account, and price the ink at the place you intend to buy them. it does no good to determine which is cheaper online if you're going to buy from the Wal-Mart down the street.

If you plan on trying to save money by refilling the cartridges yourself, then I'd probably go with the Canon. Epson ink is notoriously difficult to refill. However, I'd suggest NOT refilling the cartridges at all- you generally get a lower quality ink in the refills.

All that being said, I'd give Epson the edge on image quality, simply because it prints at a slightly higher resolution than the Canon.

- Joe U.
    I have no intention of tiptoeing through life only to arrive safely at death.

Thread Information