Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Exclamation 25 Roses For 25 Years

For my parents silver anniversary my father bought my mother a buquet of 25 roses in a vase with cherrys and chocolates so I took some pictures

25 Roses For 25 Years-mom-dad-flowers.jpg

taken with my nikon d80 , sigma 18-200 DC OS and a CPL filter to remove the reflections on the vase

Please comment

GB1

Re: 25 Roses For 25 Years

Hmm.. Has a lot of positives, like the nice colors and wavy fabric at the bottom. But it seems to be going out of the frame on the left side (and top), is sort of dark in the flower heads area, and has a distracting background, esp where the fabric folds in and in the upper left area. There's also a lot of potential interest in the cherries area, but it's so small you can't make it out.

I think to make a shot like this really work, you will have to really really arrange it perfectly and/or do some nice manipulation afterwards. It seems like you put a nice halo/softening effect on there somehow, either with filters or post processing. But it just seems too far away to really make a difference.

Bet this sounds a bit negative, but shots like this aren't as easy as they appear. Hope this helps,

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Thread Information