Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Millenium Camera Mistake

I just arranged to buy a Sony KD32M3000 digital flat screen TV at what I thought was a good price on-line from Millenium Camera in New York City. The purchase was processed using a credit card. I then started receiving emails from Millenium that I needed to "confirm the sale", which I thought odd. After long holding periods on the phone, a rep confirmed some of my personal information concerning the sale and then began trying to sell me stands, connections, warranties, the usual stuff. Then he asked whether I had purchased the "American Retail Kit". I asked him what that was. He said that my set came with European connections and would have to be adapted for use in America. I told him I did not want that, but that I wanted a television usable in the States. He said that if I looked at the "catalog", I would have seen that this tv is a grey market tv. I said I had purchased from a web advertisement that said nothing about the tv being grey market, refurbished, etc. He told me that the American version would be $849, rather than the $700 that I paid. I told him I did not want to pay the higher price and that their website said nothing that would have informed me of the nature of this purchase. He asked me what I wanted to do. I told him I wanted to cancel the sale. He simply said "fine" and then hung up on me. I have no confirmation that the sale is cancelled and that my credit card has received credit or not been charged. Can't believe I am dealing with such a disreputable, misleading company when there are B&H, Adorama, Calumet and others where such things never, ever occur. Beware of Millenium. Posted 2/19/08

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: Millenium Camera Mistake

A hard lesson - if the price is too good to be true, walk away.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

wow, awesome article post.Really looking forward to read more. Really Great. Greer

wow, awesome article post Really looking forward to read more Really Great 4dzca2nkbxye tumblr com/ Brano

Hey, thanks for the forum topic.Thanks Again. Really Great. Keefauver

Hey, thanks for the forum topic Thanks Again Really Great 4dzca2nkbxye tumblr com/ Sarratt

Thanks-a-mundo for the forum post.Really thank you! Want more. Bradberry

Thanks-a-mundo for the forum post Really thank you! Want more 4dzca2nkbxye tumblr com/ Sahlberg

This is one awesome forum topic.Much thanks again. Sota

This is one awesome forum topic Much thanks again 4dzca2nkbxye tumblr com/ Wordell

Really informative article post.Really thank you! Much obliged. Laurich

Really informative article post Really thank you! Much obliged 4dzca2nkbxye tumblr com/ Schrauder

Very neat post.Really looking forward to read more. Awesome. Cretsinger

Very neat post Really looking forward to read more Awesome 4dzca2nkbxye tumblr com/ Credell

Quote Originally Posted by SmartWombat View Post
    A hard lesson - if the price is too good to be true, walk away.
    Precisely, we have to be very careful in purchasing cheap cameras if we are not too familiar with how it works. You rather consider a price that is a bit higher than to get something that will not last for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by ConcernCitizen View Post
    Precisely, we have to be very careful in purchasing cheap cameras if we are not too familiar with how it works. You rather consider a price that is a bit higher than to get something that will not last for a long time.
    Quality is important in a Camera. You have to spot a camera that's worthy of its price.

Informative. Thanks for sharing.

Nice suggestion. Good to go!

Thread Information