Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Untitled (for now)

This is one from our most recent UK get together.
    I have done a bit of work on it and I am happy that it has improved the image. As well as a critique I would like a title for it and I wouls welcome suggestions. I would love the word "Seduction" to be in the title if possible but without sounding pretentious.
    But what I would value most is your critique.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled (for now)-coffee.jpg  
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Re: Untitled (for now)

Tom, I already commented somewhat on this image in the UK thread in Viewfinder. I think this is excellent. It is deep, alluring, well composed. Subtle and yet bold enough to bring us a wow factor. I like this alot.
    I have thought of "Fantasies over coffee" "The seduction" "The Allure of a Morning Coffee" somethings like that. I'm sure others will have better ideas.
    Great Tom, your eye never fails to find the buried treasures . . .
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Thanks so much Gary. The jury is now closed on the title jobbie and "fantasies over coffee" is absolutely brilliant and is just what I wanted but was unable to come up with. Anything I thought of with "seduction" just did not pull out what was in my head. Thanks also for liking the shot.

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

I like the layers overlay but think the top one could be a little softer and if you know how remove the square edges so that the images floats more.

I'm not sure seduction works here. The coffee drinker looks a little stalkeresk to me.

Jim B.
    Too bad all the people who know how to run this country are busy running taxicabs or cutting hair.

George Burns

Well done Tom. It looks very muck like something Tuna would do. I like it all the way around and can't say anything that would make it better. Well spotted.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

GB1

Hey Tom -

I echo the other comments. It's a contradiction - Looks like a coffee house, but the woman looks like she's posing for a sexy ad, and ... Sexy Coffee? Hmm. Maybe a new dating service ad, "Meet Single Professionals for Lunch!", or maybe it's just Starbuck's new image to stir things up?

Anyway - I do like what you did with the two layers. I would however offset the woman image just a little, it's too close to horizontally centered, I think. Perhaps fade the sides a bit instead of the hard edges.. the fade may or may not work. I'm also thinking one more element here - but what?

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Thanks GB Greg and Jim B.
    Thanks for taking the time and I am glad it works for you.
    This is a straight from the camera shot with only some very basic PS work (saturation on the blues, levels adjustment on the lower part and finally a little sharpenning) carried out.
    Last edited by gahspidy; 02-25-2008 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Sticking as Featured Photo. February 25, 2008

Yay for you Tom!!! I will take my modelling fee in pints

Cheers
    Mike
    Mike Dales ARPS
    My website: www.mikedalesphotography.co.uk

Congratulations on the sticky Tom,

Just Lurking

A very intriguing shot. Congratulations on the sticky.

PC

"A Sip of Seduction"
    It's a very nice finished product. Congrats.

Thanks very much again to everyone and especially thank you to those whose responsibility it is to choose the featured photo.

Mysterious and sublime. An absolutely wonderful image - no title needed.

Tuna

Many thanks Tuna.

Thread Information