Film Cameras and Photography Forum

Film Photography Forum Discuss film photography techniques, including darkroom, film types, film cameras, filters, etc. - forum moderator is Xia-Ke.
Read and Write Film Reviews >>
Read and Write 35mm SLR Reviews >>
Read and Write Rangefinder Camera Reviews >>
Read and Write Medium Format Camera Reviews >>

Delta 400 & Ilfotec DD-X

Please post your developing experience with this combo below.

CLICK HERE FOR DELTA 400 DATA SHEET
    CLICK HERE FOR ILFOTEC DD-X DATA SHEET

Here are the manufacturer's recommended times for this combo using DD-X diluted 1:4.

35mm film & rollfilm - spiral tanks and deep tanks - unreplenished developers (min / 20C / 68F) (you may need to expand your screen so the chart lines up correctly)

Meter setting (EI)...200.......250.......320........400.......50 0........800......1600........3200
    Time (min)..............6...........-...........-.............8.......9 1/2.....10 1/2....13 1/2........18...

Ilford recommends exposing Delta 400 at EI 500 to produce normal contrast with this combonation.

For other film and developer combos please visit the B&W Film/Developer Database Index

Re: Delta 400 & Ilfotec DD-X

Well, you had to know I started this thread for a reason, even if I am 12 hours late posting my examples. Sorry for the boring pictures, but what can I say, I don't have time to get out much but I still need to test some films.

Film Name: Ilford Delta 400
    Film Format: 35mm, 36 exp
    Actual EI: 1600 ISO
    Contrast level: This combo produces medium to high contrast negatives.
    Presoak: yes; filtered water for 30 seconds
    Developer Name: Ilfotec DD-X
    Developer Dilution: 1:4
    Developer Temp: 68 degrees.
    Developing Time: 13 min.
    Time Measurement Technique: From start of pour-in to start of pour-out...pouring as fast as possible.
    Tank Size: single roll, 35mm
    Tank Type: stainless steel
    Tank Fill Level: I try to leave a little air gap above the film to let the developer slosh around during agitation.
    Agitation Technique: 10 seconds initially and 4 or 5 inversions (with quarter turn) per 10 seconds, every minute after that, stoping after 10.5 minutes. I let it stand for the last 2.5 minutes with no agitation.
    Stop Bath: Water. Fill, agitate for 30 secs, drain, refill, and agitate for another 30 seconds.
    Output: Film scanner.
    Subject Matter Comments: Not sure what to say yet. This combo wasn't as high-contrast as I expected, although it still had lots of contrast.
    Notes for next time: I'm shooting another roll at 800 this time.

For the first shot, all I did was add a border, spot out some dust, and resize. The second shot is a 100% crop from a 4000 dpi scan, with the only edit being some dust removal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Delta 400 & Ilfotec DD-X-01-24-08-007-no-edit.jpg   Delta 400 & Ilfotec DD-X-example-crop.jpg  

Thread Information