Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Strictly Private Viewing

It was nice to get the time over the holidays to get some work up to date. This is actually one from the outing with the boys at Kew gardens. Love to hear how you feel about this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Strictly Private Viewing-blue-movie.jpg  
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Re: Strictly Private Viewing

Boy, this is a tough one to judge. I for one like the photo and its uniqueness is quite cool...The only thing that stands out to me and it is likely my monitor since I am not on the best of computers right now is it looks a tad noisy...I also think that if it had a single person to left or to the right seated, it would add allot to the photo...All in all, I like it.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Sweet, Looks like a Tuna special. Nice work Tom.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Only thing that I can find to nit at is the chairs being clipped a little on left and a bit on right.....not much of a prob if at all. I like it!
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

I think this is a good find and your composition brings it back alive. I see some hint of the noise jgredline points out, but at this size it does not bother me and hard to say what would happen in a large print. I have a feeling it would look well regardless. The clipped chairs on each end work for the good imo. the large border works really well for this image. I feel as though i'm looking through a window at a viewing room.
    Good stuff
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Maybe a bit too symmetrical.

Thanks everyone. I agree about the grain and perhaps it could be cleaner. Thr grain really appeared when I tried to give the back wall a little lift up from complete blackness. I should really asked one of the boys to sit on the chair second from left, not looking at the screen but in a slumped head down asleep position. But they were elsewhere playing with condensation. Your right jgredline.
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

I like the composition. I wish I knew what was on the screen. If you did have a person sitting....I wouldn't care what was on the screen and would consider the person the subject instead.
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

MB1

I like this composition a lot. The lit chairs and where the lights are in the frame are very nice.

Could you go back there and make the screen bigger? ;-)
    No, I DON'T need that.

Thread Information