Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Empty Basket

Empty Basket

I'm seeing this and it's partners as fun images but am interested in critique as some day I might set up some sort of series of "tales from the riverbank"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Empty Basket-empty.jpg  
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Empty Basket

Well it makes me sad more than laugh. I think it shows you have a good eye and the photo is fine except I wish the bottom and top were more equally lit.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

GB1

I like the subject, but the rest of the shot seems too blase. If only there was some warm sunlight illuminating the area...

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Tom,

This is an interesting photo in that the first thing I thought of was a duck feeding in a pond

As for the composition the extra space on top makes this photo for me and puts it above the average shot. Nicely seen and composed.

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Newb Photographer

I like it, however I might try and change the blue on the basket to a red, I am not a big fan of post editing photos to something they werent when taken, but I think this will make it stand out more.... possibly.
    Canon 350D | Remote Switch RS60-E3 | Battery Grip BG-E3 | EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 | EF 50mm f/1.8 II | 24-70mm f/2.8L USM | Speedlite 580EX II |

Were I'm at all that metal would of been recover by druggies to support there habit! Farmers have come out in the morning and have found there aluminum watering pipe just gone. They have even stolen bleachers from schools, and higher safety rails. The power company has gone out and has found crispy metal thief's before, it's a major problem.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

The power company has gone out and has found crispy metal thief's before
    Evolution in action, works for me
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Just Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by SmartWombat
    Evolution in action, works for me
    Luckily this is a new year and plenty of time to get that coveted Darwin Award

Tom - I like this series of shots. They provide a different perspective to the things we typically see. Nice work as usual.

PC

This one made me laugh as soon as I opened it. Great work.LOL
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thanks to you all for taking the time. It's always a nice feeling when others offer critique and show interest in my work.
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

MB1

I like the composition-it is along the lines of a desert scenic but of course with a very urban subject. I'm thinking the light is a little cold for the subject but overall a really good take.
    No, I DON'T need that.

Thread Information