Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

3 winter pictures

Hi

How do you like these 3 winter pictures? They were taken in the park nearby my house
    2 years ago. Write SINCERELY!!! Judge them in the scale from 1(hopeless) to 10 (excellent).
    If you can pinpoint what is wrong/should be improved inside them - let me know please

A HAPPY NEW YEAR

Name:  awinter1a.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  66.4 KB

3 winter pictures-awinter2a.jpg

3 winter pictures-awinter3a.jpg

Re: 3 winter pictures

I don't like judgeing on scales, but..The first one is the better of the three. I think panning slightly right and putting the tree in the left third of the shot would have made it better. On the second one I like how the limbs all flow to the right but the object in the lower left needs to be cropped or cloned out. And on the last I would have cropped in and got rid of the tree on the right. You placed your horizon well on them all, nice and level. To me the snow looks a touch green as well, could be my monitor but you can adjust that easy enough. You also picked a very nice time of day to shoot and the light coming through he trees is very nice. On a scale from 1 to 10... 8 on subject matter, 6 on composition, 6 on processing, 10 on exposure, 10 on becoming a PR member and posting these shots. Thanks for sharing and welcome aboard.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thanks for your comment. I am waiting for the next . The tree on the first picture isn't our native. It comes from Canada as I remember well. It is a palace garden where it grows

Soon more pictures of mine

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

I like the first one. I think if it had a rabbit or another animal,it would have brought life into it...
    As for the other two, they look to symmetrical for me. My attention is drawn to trees with no leaves or anything on them...

Again the first, looks pretty good.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

The color balance looks off to me. The first and last photos look the best but there still missing something.
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

They do look like old photos to me because of the greenish/yellow cast on them. Did you do it on purpose?

Other than that, I don't see anything particularly wrong with them. Even with the color cast removed, I don't think I'd give them a 10 but neither would I give them a 1. Guess that makes me don't know what I'm talking about ;-)

Hello

Thanks noone gave me 1 point for my pictures (or zero).
    Truly speaking I would never ever admit such a judgement fair but who says judgments
    must be fair, hm? :hand:

Yes - more animals... when I buy a rabbit one day I will shot it next to the tree, no doubt :thumbsup:

green.

ps. sorry - I will SHOOT the rabbit (I meant).

Thread Information