Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Thread: Welcome!

Welcome!

Welcome to the Camera Dealer Feedback message board. Please tell us who you buy from, who you trust, and who's ripped you off. This forum is a great resource for people who are shopping for photo equipment. Make sure to check here before you make your purhases. And please post something whenever you use a new camera dealer.

Thanks for helping us decide which dealers to buy from and which dealers to watch out for!
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Question Re: http://www.qumaht.com

Has anyone dealt with these guy?

http://www.qumaht.com

Re: http://www.qumaht.com

Nope. But I found this on their site:

"All orders will be shipped from our warehouse in Copenhagen, Denmark."

That would mean no US warranty. And you wouldn't have much recourse if you were to have a problem, since they're in a completely different country than you.
    Photo-John

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

Re: Welcome!

John

I am trying to make my purchase at B&H Photo through the photographyreview Partner Stores link to give pr all the financial support you deserve! But I am having trouble doing it.

I click on "B&H" which sends me to a link of many of their products. I am looking to buy an Epson scanner and some 220 Velvia. I don't see the scanner I want listed so I click on the "Buy it" button for Veliva 50. It takes me to the photographyreview.com homepage. The same happens when I click on many of the slide films listed. A few of them work, like the Kodak "EPY 35mm 100' Roll Ektachrome 64T" link and many other links for other products work. But at least a few of the other products links don't work either.

I'm trying to buy really soon so please let me know how to do it

Thanks again for the great site, and this forum (I just found it!) is a great service.

Rick
    Last edited by walterick; 12-09-2005 at 12:51 AM.
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Buying From Partners

Rick-
    Thanks a lot for asking. As long as you use one of the dealer links on the site, we'll get paid. That said, there are two ways to use the dealer links. One is just to go to the review page of the product you want to buy (if it's in the reviews) and use the dealer links on the "Compare Prices" tab. Or, as you did, you can use the Partner Store pages to get to the dealer site. And like I said before, as long as you use one of the dealer links on the site, we'll get the credit.

If you can't find what you want to buy in the reviews, please let me know. We can probably add it.

Thanks!
    Photo-John

Re: Buying From Partners

Thanks John. I just edited my entire post and completely changed it so please read again

I will now try through the reviews tab. Thanks!
    Walter Rick Long

Re: Buying From Partners

Update:

I went to Reviews. Clicked on Epson 4990 Pro review. Clicked on "compare prices" tab and there is nothing there. Nor is there any information in the 4990 Photo tab. A few other Epson scanner reviews have dealers listed in the Compare Prices tab but none seem to have B&H. Help!
    Walter Rick Long

Rick-
    Man - why did you have to pick two review pages that didn't work?

Evidently those Velvia links aren't working. They either shouldn't be there or they should take you to the appropriate page on the partner site. Sorry about that. And if B&H hasn't provided us with a link for the Epson 4990 then we won't have a link. The links in the reviews are really for your convenience. So that when you read a review and deiced you want to buy, you can just click the link and buy it. But you can use any B&H link on the site if you know what you want and just want us to get credit.

I'll see what I can do about those particular links. Thanks for letting me know.
    Photo-John

Okay John thanks.

I went ahead and ordered through a link that worked so it sounds like you guys get the credit either way

Would it be possible just to have a link to the B&H home page that would still give you guys credit? If there was an easy button to push to send us through pr.com to get to B&H, Adorama, etc I think that would facilitate buys from here. Given all the purchasing our board members do and knowing how much people love this site. Rather than fishing through inventories of stuff and not knowing if it's going to give you credit to click on "35mm teleconverters" and then chnage it to "Epson 4990." Just a thought.

Just thinking out loud.

Happy holidays!
    Walter Rick Long

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by walterick
    Would it be possible just to have a link to the B&H home page that would still give you guys credit? If there was an easy button to push to send us through pr.com to get to B&H, Adorama, etc I think that would facilitate buys from here. Given all the purchasing our board members do and knowing how much people love this site. Rather than fishing through inventories of stuff and not knowing if it's going to give you credit to click on "35mm teleconverters" and then chnage it to "Epson 4990." Just a thought.

Just thinking out loud.

Happy holidays!
    I feel your pain Rick! I think I mentioned this very thing in a post a while back. When you click on a link that says "View all B&H Photo Video Products for sale" as shown in the first pic, I think it should take you right to that site. Instead it takes you to a page like the second image here. Granted, this page is helpfull if you haven't done your reasearch yet and your looking for reviews, but for me, my research is already done when it comes time to buy.

The extra few clicks is kind of anoying when you're working on a slow PC, or with dial-up. I just placed an order last night, and it felt like jumping thru hoops to get to the B&H site. Don't get me wrong, I will continue to do it to help support this great site, but what about others that maybe aren't as concerned with helping the site?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Welcome!-partner-store.jpg   Welcome!-partner-store-2.jpg  
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

OUCH! I was unaware..

Quote Originally Posted by walterick
    John

I am trying to make my purchase at B&H Photo through the photographyreview Partner Stores link to give pr all the financial support you deserve! But I am having trouble doing it.

...Rick
    ..that pr made money that way. I purchase all of my equipment from B&H but have been going directly to their site to do it. Oh well, at least I found out before buying the Canon 24-105 f/4L IS next week.
    We improve ourselves by victories over ourself. There must be contests, and you must win.
    Edward Gibbon

Canon T2i
    Canon EF-S 17-55 f2.8 IS
    Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 XR Di II
    Tamron 28-75 f/2.8 XR Di
    Canon 24-105 f/4L IS
    Canon 70-200 f/4L USM
    Canon 50mm f/1.4 USM
    Canon 85mm f/1.8 USM
    Canon Speedlight 220EX

Re: OUCH! I was unaware..

Quote Originally Posted by dmm96452
    ..that pr made money that way. I purchase all of my equipment from B&H but have been going directly to their site to do it. Oh well, at least I found out before buying the Canon 24-105 f/4L IS next week.
    I will do this with my next lens purchase. Good information. Thanks.:thumbsup:

we need a sticky with a list of camera dealer scam websites w/o comments. Just a list especially when finding a bunch of one owner websites trying to sell what comes in the box w/camera separately ie. bestpricecameras, enterprise, Best Stop Camera, Century21, Hello Camera, Infiniti Cameras, Infiniti Photo, Infinity Cameras, J&K Cameras, Inc.,
    Mr. Accessory, Regency Camera, Regency Photo & Video, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenM
    we need a sticky with a list of camera dealer scam websites w/o comments. Just a list especially when finding a bunch of one owner websites trying to sell what comes in the box w/camera separately ie. bestpricecameras, enterprise, Best Stop Camera, Century21, Hello Camera, Infiniti Cameras, Infiniti Photo, Infinity Cameras, J&K Cameras, Inc.,
    Mr. Accessory, Regency Camera, Regency Photo & Video, Inc.
    That's a great idea. Are you volunteering to create one?
    Photo-John

ok dude why not
    http://www.folkd.com/user/shaunmichael5
    https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/3f0h4x/
    http://www.stumbleupon.com/lists/1750262053624629392
    https://www.pinterest.com/shaunmichael881/
    http://shaunmichael.newsvine.com/

Thanks John. I just edited my entire post and completely changed it so please read again

Thread Information