Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Pigeons Cut

Pigeons Cut

Wish i had a better title, but i don't so... in any case.... comments appreciated!! The good the bad and the ugly!

Thanks in advance...

Marc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pigeons Cut-dt1_pigeons_002.jpg  
    Marc

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but rather, when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de St-Exupery

Kindly do NOT edit my photos - I would rather try and apply your advice and learn...

My Ramblings....

MB1

Re: Pigeons Cut

The title made me expect to see some fillets or something.....

That is a nice simple photograph. If you have room in the original you might give more sky and less roof and I don't think darkening the sky a touch would hurt.
    No, I DON'T need that.

Marcus, this is good. I agree about having less roof and also might crop a bit off each end. It is very simple and effective. I would not change it other than to crop it a bit differently.
    Nice work
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

MB1, Some of the color went by saving for web... in any case here's another composition of the same shot... taken vertically....

Gary, thanks for the input, I'll try the crop and see how i like it!

Thanks again, cheers...

Marc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pigeons Cut-dt1_pigeons_003sm.jpg  
    Marc

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but rather, when there is nothing left to take away." - Antoine de St-Exupery

Kindly do NOT edit my photos - I would rather try and apply your advice and learn...

My Ramblings....

Marcus, that last vertical shot is the better of the two, IMO. In fact, it's excellent. Again, I would just suggest cropping a bit of the roof away at the bottom, but either way it's a winner.
    Great.

gary

Imaginative title, the last image works well for me, great sillouhette and beautiful sky.

Herriot, thanks

Gary, here's a cropped version.... if you had a different crop in mind, would you be so kind as to crop yourself?? thanks!

Cheers!
    Marc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pigeons Cut-dt1_pigeons_003sm2.jpg  
    Marc

My Ramblings....

MB1

This is the one.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusK
    Herriot, thanks

Gary, here's a cropped version.... if you had a different crop in mind, would you be so kind as to crop yourself?? thanks!

Cheers!
    Marc
    It doesn't feel cramped and puts the birds in context with an open sky.

2 thumbs way up!
    No, I DON'T need that.

You got it. Just what I had in mind. I think it helps to cut away a little of the bottom as you have.
    Last edited by gahspidy; 09-29-2007 at 07:43 PM. Reason: Sticking as Featured Photo. September 29, 2007

gary

I like it, remind me of a childs wallpaper for some reason.

Any way I agree with a couple of the above posters. The sky could be a fraction darker. I think the contrast is too strong. I like how you have taken on board the suggestions made by other members and believe it to be a succesful photograph.:thumbsup:

MB1, titanv - Thanks for the input and vote of confidence....

Again, thank you all for the input... can't believe i was able to spend so much time away from this forum!!!!

Marc
    Marc

My Ramblings....

My first featured photo......

Thanks!
    Marc

My Ramblings....

GB1

Marcus - Congrats on your first Featured. Definitely an interesting shot... I haven't read all the replies, but what are these birds walking on anyways? Looks like the inside of an egg carton (maybe they're laying eggs as they go?). Or maybe they're not real, are just hand shadows in front of a projector? (ha ha).

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

G, thanks.... The birds are walking on a tin roof!

But personally i like your version better!! lol.... laying eggs as they go!! haha!

Marc
    Marc

My Ramblings....

Thread Information