Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    MB1

The Wall is still there.

Some one or ones who should burn in hell forever vandalized The Wall earlier in the week. The Park Service did a great job quickly getting the damage off the polished granite but you can still see lots of staining along the base stones in my photo of the wall here.

I went by this morning. Finally got a picture of the statue that seems good to me. Thoughts?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Wall is still there.-img_6301-123-135-1-.jpg   The Wall is still there.-img_6312-132-135-.jpg  
    No, I DON'T need that.

Re: The Wall is still there.

I like the photo of the statue but it seems to have to much contrast, for my tastes. But was that your choice?
    GRF

Panorama Madness:

Nikon D800, 50mm F1.4D AF, 16-35mm, 28-200mm & 70-300mm

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

I really like the first one. Can we see a color version of it?
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

MB1

Color.

Quote Originally Posted by jgredline
    I really like the first one. Can we see a color version of it?
    Oops, I was shooting B&W. For B&W I shoot B&W, I don't convert in the computer (skills and desire are lacking).
    No, I DON'T need that.

The first one looks very good to me for in camera b/w. The high contrast is on the statues only but that I feel is just the way it was with the light and the shiny finish.
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

i like your composition on num 1...the bright sky distracts me somewhat.
    Please ask to edit photos and I'll do the same! :thumbsup:
    Thx, Rod
    http://krimingerphotography.printroom.com

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Re: Color.

Quote Originally Posted by MB1
    Oops, I was shooting B&W. For B&W I shoot B&W, I don't convert in the computer (skills and desire are lacking).
    No worries..The picture is really nice and I believe it is the high contrast that really brings out the subject. The light is good and really a very nice overall pic..
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Thread Information