Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Help!!!Canon Powershot s410!! Shutter button fell off!!!

Hello, I am new to this site, I was wondering if someone could help, I have a canon powershot s410 and the shutter button fell off, does anyone know a website or anything where I can buy it or replace it...I don't have warranty. Please help. Thanks.

Re: Help!!!Canon Powershot s410!! Shutter button fell off!!!

Please help me!!!!

I wrote a reply to you a few days ago and somehow I either got sidetracked or it got lost. Anyway, I apologize that you haven't recieved the help you need. Unfortunately, I don't think there's much you can do. To some extent, compact digital cameras are disposable. They aren't really made to be the rugged, rurable pieces of equipment that some of us older photographers remember. On average, you can expect them to last 2-4 years and then they'll probably need to be replaced. I am not aware of any place where you could buy parts like a shutter release button.

The good news is, the 2007 compact digital cameras are much, much better than your Canon PowerShot S410. In particular, high ISO performance and image quality are much improved. I don't think you will be able to fix your camera. So I recommend taking a look at the new stuff and thinking about investing in a new camera. I know that's not what you want to hear. But I don't think you really have a choice. And I think you'll be very impressed and pleased if you buy a new camera.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Smile Re: Help!!!Canon Powershot s410!! Shutter button fell off!!!

My daughter has the same problem.

Actually there is a website where you can buy a new Canon S410 shutter button assembly for about $44. The web site is:

digitalcamerapartsdepot.com (not a joke) .

I have not figured out the steps to replace it yet and don't have a repair manual yet.
    Let me know if that helps.

Hank

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement shutter button for my Canon Powershot S500 ?

Help!

Thread Information