Nikon Camera Equipment Forum

Discuss Nikon digital cameras, Nikon film cameras, Nikkor lenses, Nikon camera accessories, etc. - Your Nikon cameras forum moderator is Franglais.
Nikon Review Index >>
Nikon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Zoom Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Prime Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Camera News, Pro Reviews & Articles >>

What's a mint condition Nikon N70 worth?

I have a N70 that has maybe a dozen rolls of film through it. Comes with a Tamron 28-200 lens. What do you guys think it's worth?

learning member

Re: What's a mint condition Nikon N70 worth?

I checked KEH website and they have the body and lense in EX+ condition listed at $109 each. So if you have the packaging and manuals they may be worth around $250.
    A lot less if you trade it in, say around $150-$180 For both of them. Thats just my guess.
    Mark.

I hate to let it go for that cheap but I honestly don't ever see myself using it. Where could I trade it in at? I wouldn't mind trading it for a lens...
    Nikon D90
    -Nikkor 18-200VR
    -Sigma 10-20mm

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

KEH, B&H and Adorama all take used gear. I have a place in Miami that claims to have the largest used inventory south of New York. They are AAA Fotofast and you can reach them at 305-255-2656. Ask for Ron. He is getting in a few D70S's with very few clicks on them. I can't really say how good his pricing is, but I get most, if not all my my non warranty repairs done through his shop. He is very fair and professional.
    Michael
    Nikon Samurai #8
    Avid Editor
    Sony Shogun

I hate to say it, but I don't think you will get more than $40-$50 for the camera. I just looked and that's about the Ebay rate. A retailer won't give you more unless you are buying something expensive that they can make enough off of to subsidize your trade-in. The lens goes on Ebay for $75-$85. You might think about keeping it, though. Unless you go with a D40 or D40x, it should work fine with whatever DSLR you buy.

Thread Information