Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Avoid NWV Direct

Check out this website!!

http://nwvdbs.blogspot.com/

Also, I think we should all sign up and post a review at the review site that they talk about in the blog. There are a bunch of positive reviews for NWV Direct that are I'm sure posted by the company itself and its employees. They are terrible. I'm thinking about just messing with them by ordering one thing at a time and when they call insisting that I will wait for the item to come in. I tried to do that when I ordered from them and the guy that called me got all mad and avoided that and said that they would have to give me a refund. That's because they don't carry that item, even though they list it for sale on their website!!
    Here's the review website:
    http://www.resellerratings.com/store...rect_nwvdirect

Quote Originally Posted by jastruck
    Check out this website!!

http://nwvdbs.blogspot.com/

Also, I think we should all sign up and post a review at the review site that they talk about in the blog. There are a bunch of positive reviews for NWV Direct that are I'm sure posted by the company itself and its employees. They are terrible. I'm thinking about just messing with them by ordering one thing at a time and when they call insisting that I will wait for the item to come in. I tried to do that when I ordered from them and the guy that called me got all mad and avoided that and said that they would have to give me a refund. That's because they don't carry that item, even though they list it for sale on their website!!
    Here's the review website:
    http://www.resellerratings.com/store...rect_nwvdirect
    My suggestion would be to avoid dealing with them all together. You try messing around ordering something and then canceling it will just give them one more opportunity to cause you problems, so they may just be the one that ends up getting the last laugh and not you. To do this you will have to give them a credit card number and I just would not want to take a chance doing that, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Add me to the list of suckers who fell for the bait and switch from NWV Direct. They are still at it.

I ordered a Panasonic lens for my son and got a phone call explaining it was on "national back order" and offering an "upgrade" to a better lens that turned out to be from Digital Optics. The very personable salesman made several representations that I know now were complete lies. Now nobody will answer my email or return my phone calls. STAY AWAY from NWV Direct.

I had just placed an order with them. They called me to tell me it was out of stock, and back ordered 8 weeks (ironically, everyone else has it in stock). They told me the version everyone else had was inferior, since it didn't have the "special chip." (odd, Nikon doesn't even mention ANY of their BATTERIES having a special chip -- and the product #s match). They agreed to give me an aftermarket product for 130% of the cost. When I questioned it, they agreed to "match the OEM price." How kind of you, since Amazon has the aftermarket one for about 25% of the cost. Canceled the order. Someone needs to go after these guys.

Same type of problems with NWV Direct. I ordered a Hoya Lens filter. They emailed back the next day asking me to call them. When I called they told me that the Hoya Filter was back ordered. I told them that I wanted to cancel the order. He offered me a "better" filter. I agreed to a Vivitar Filter that he said cost 10 dollars more, but that he would sell it to me for the same price.

I went online and searched for the replacement filter. I found poor reviews and also found it for 1/2 the price of the orginal Hoya filter that I requested. I called NWV Direct back within 15 minutes to cancel my order. He told me that it was too late.

Do not order from NWV Direct...they are a rip off business, very dishonest!

Angry Re: Avoid NWV Direct

Just like everyone else, I got burned. I ordered the JVC wide angle lens for my HD camcorder, and a couple of other items. Got the call, they're out, etc... I fell for it. Needless to say, my HD camcorder doesn't have a wide angle lens that I ordered but was "out".

I talked with an attorney friend and he asked me to get as many people as possible that have complaints and would put their name to a class action lawsuit. We need to get together and get after these bait and switchers!

NWV Direct are crooks, plain and simple. I just wish I would have found this thread about two months ago. I fell for the ol' bait and switch tactics and now I have just received fraudulent charges on the same card I used to purchase the camera battery. The last time I used my card was when I purchased the battery and the card has been securly located in my wallet since then. I can't say for sure that they are the culprits but I find it a rather strange coincidence. Luckily the Discover Card fraud department was on top of it and called me about 30 minutes after the attempted charge of $600 at walmart.com. After verifying the legitimate and fraudulent charges with Discover (had to double check NWV direct when they asked), I decided to take another look at the company since it was the only place I had made a purchase before the fraudulent charges. Thats when I found this forum. I can only hope others find this before they get duped. Luckily Discover did take care of the charges. Again, I can't say for certain that they, or one of their employees, made the charges on my account but, I do find it a rather strange coincidence.

Same bate and switch for me.

Bait & Switch tactics, just as described by many others. I was emailed (because they didn't have my proper telephone):

Thank you for placing your order with New World Video Direct (Nwvdirect.com).

My name is Bella Cao. I have attempted to contact you at the number you provided,

due to an issue with your order.

At your earliest convenience, please call me toll free at: 1.888.910.3888. My extension is 3305

When I called, was told that the battery charger (Canon CG-580 Portable Battery Charger For BP-500 Series) was backordered for six weeks from Canon & nobody has this currently. But, that she would "UPGRADE" me to a better, more expensive model for only $69 instead of the $37 the real thing was supposed to be. I then said "no", and was offered it for $49 instead. And, she also offered an "UPGRADE" for the battery I ordered to a non-Canon battery for the same price that was "worth more & better product". I then told her this was a bait & switch, and she denied it. She was only trying to help me. But, she did not have the product I ordered and tried to replace it with an inferior product (BAIT & SWITCH). I then cancelled my order & was told that my Paypal would be credited within 24 hours. We will see.

I did file with the Better Business Bureau to add to their current "F" rating.

I was just getting ready to pull the trigger on an order with them for a tele and adapter for my Lumix, and always check for reviews first. Came across this site, and immediately ordered from another vendor. Thanks for the warnings!

Mike

Deceived by the ratings in Google shopping, I placed my order.
    Just like others here, followed by the same " out of stock " and " upgrade for no additional charge" quote, I was ripped off.
    The ratings on ResellerRatings.com must be left by the employees. What crooks!
    I left a complaint in Better Business Bureau, hoping others read it.

Guys, I just signed in (initially anyhow) to thank you for saving me from a close call. I had the NWV buy page open for a Nikon SB-600 flash unit, the seller rating on Google is 4.5 stars out of 5 and they had the best price by $13.00. This seems to the casual shopper to be the way to go......until my spidy-sense tingled and I did a search for reviews of NWV and discovered this (and several other) thread.

I'm a newbie to the whole SLR game but have since discovered my D3000's built in flash just can't cut the mustard for any kind of distance shot. I'm not much of a photographer and felt I should go 'cheap with a Vivitar through Amazon, but reviews pushed me back to the Nikon unit.

Any PMs offering good advice/alternatives would be appreciated.

Thanks again for the 'save' from NWV, I tried their 'live chat' but it just resulted in an email being sent (fortunately I used my spam account's address).....think they lack a clear understanding of the meaning of 'live chat'.....their loss is my gain!

Tib

Quick follow up from NWV Direct's "Sales & Support Team"

My "online chat" request: "Reading of your exploits on photographyreview.com, need assurance that I'll get what I buy and that youll stand behind your sale."

NWV's response: "Exploits? All Companies have exploits. If you only read those you will never purchase from anyone."

My response was to inquire as to why they didn't address my concern and therefore ally my concerns, I inquired if they ever have return customers treating people like that...I don't expect any further reply.

Tib

Oh how I wish I had read all this before I ordered from NWV Direct!! I thought my husband had researched them first and so I just placed an order for his Christmas present and oh boy. I ordered a lens for his Lumix and just like what happened to everyone else, I got a phone call the next day. I was busy and not in front of computer and just trusted them and said yes go ahead and send the 2.2x Hila Telephoto lens with adapter etc. Silly me! They sent it right away, and was packaged well. I opened it up and realizing how fussy my hubby is about his camera decided to research Hila to see what it was. Can't find any info on Hila except that there are some cheapo lens on Amazon and from NWV, and I did find someone who had actually used one but was very dissatisfied with the result.

I went on further to start researching NWV, I know I was a bit late in that, I usually check out my online sellers with a fine tooth comb but hey, its Christmas and I have been most distracted. I found some info for them at Complaints.com and well, it was depressing. I went to their website and read all the fine print and saw a bit about what was and wasn't eligible for return and started to feel a bit worse. I read it as lenses that were damaged needed to be sent back to the manufacturer and were not able to be returned. I didn't read it as them not taking lenses back at all. And I did see, in great big red letters, a 21 day customer satisfaction guarantee. I remember that.

I had not taken the lens out of its box, I hadn't taken any of the parts out of the original shipping package, so I sent the RMA request, and waited.

I got an email from Charlie the very next day, asking me to call him directly. I called him up, and he got my order in front of him and he said he would have to transfer me to someone else to talk about the RMA. I never got the woman's name, but oh boy was she fun to talk to. Abusive, demeaning, rude and she hung up on me. She told me she was the owner of the company and that if they returned everything customers that they would have no business. She told me that no camera business accepted lenses back for refund or exchange and that they were a small business that couldn't compete with B&H and all those big boys. She ranged from trying to get my sympathy to berating me for wasting her time to telling me its my fault because I didn't read all of the fine print. And that it was in big letters on the website that lenses were non-refundable. There is no such thing, the only thing I found on the website is the 21 day customer satisfaction guarantee. I told her that the way I was being treated was criminal and that I thought this whole thing was a bait and switch. Then she got more abusive and then hung up on me. Hmmm...

So I called Charlie back. I wanted to ask him who really did own the company and why did they not refund or exchange merchandise. He got very incensed and told me that car dealers didn't take cars back why should they take back a lens that I may have used and damaged. I told him the seal on the box was intact, that it was not used and that by the way, the last car I bought I did return to the dealer. And they took it back happily. And then I bought a different car from them. He didn't quite know how to handle that one. I asked him several times if they even had the Panasonic lens I wanted in stock, I never got an answer. I then told him that I was going to call the New York Attorney General and file a complaint about NWV Direct, which I intend to do tomorrow, and that I was going to speak to my credit card company and anyone else who would listen about what they did to me. He then tried to tell me that Amazon didn't even take lenses back and that they were a merchant on Amazon. I happily then told him that I would also be speaking to Amazon as well and he hung up on me.

hmmm... so I went to the email he sent me asking me to call him and simply typed that I would never ever buy anything from New World Direct Video.com ever ever again.

He called me about 2 minutes later saying he was sending me an RMA number and address and instructions to send it to. I took pictures of every item as I packaged it, included the email in the box, put that in a bigger box with more padding just in case. Wrote the RMA number all over the box and shipped it UPS with tracking and confirmation numbers. I know, it was expensive, but worth my emotional state! I just know they are going to try to hit me with a restocking fee and I will never see my shipping, but then that is for my credit card company to help with, I hope.

I ordered the lens and adapter from B&H yesterday and it is already on its way. Just wish I had done that from the beginning.

Same Story here...I have to recommend STAYING AWAY from NWV Direct

I ordered 3 replacement batteries for my Canon 1Ds & 1D mk2. First batteries arrived and the interface for the charger was too small, resulting in an unchargeable battery.

They went "out of our way" to issue an RMA on these, sent me a new battery which has the opposite problem. the interface for the charger was so large, the charger plug would fall out. again unchargeable batteries.

now they refuse to reply to my emails, phone calls go nowhere, won't reverse the charges on my account, and refuse to deal with my problem.

Angry Re: Avoid NWV Direct

Ugh I wish I read this sooner. I'm usually so careful about ordering from anyone that isn't Amazon.com or any other big recognizable company. I can't believe I fell for this scam of a company! What I don't get is how they can have such a great rating on Google shopping.

For those of you reading this that are tempted to order from them don't fall for the phone call that claims the product you ordered is no longer on the market or isn't in stock etc. Also, give up any hope of returning an item if you decide it doesn't meet your needs or you want what you originally tried to order. Even if they tell you you'll be able to return it trust me you won't be able to.

This place has made me appreciate Amazon.com all the more.

Pulled same scam with me!

Same bait-and-switch with me, and when the batteries started dying after 6 months they just shrugged and said tough s**t.

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!

These folks are the worst.

I ordered a Hoya filter. When NWVDirect contacted me to do their 'switch' I was left the impression there was a pricing problem on the website and that I needed to pay an additional $10 for the Hoya filter. They never said I would receive a Bower filter.

Adding insult to injury they overcharged me for the no-name filter. Their web site had it listed for ~20 less than the special price offered during the switch. Their 21 day satisfaction guarantee is a joke.

How many of you have succeeded in protesting the credit card charge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information