Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    GB1

It's a Large World

Taken last month, Kodachrome 64. The size of the ocean and waves compared to the beachstrollers impressed me.

GB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It's a Large World-vabeach3_may_2007_px640.jpg  
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: It's a Large World

It's a large world and a great angle that you have viewed it from, I particularly like the patterns in the sand when compared to the patterns of the silver waves, it might have been nice to have seen the outline of the two beach strollers slightly more defined, overall I think it works really well.

Herriot

Yes I agree it's a great angle of view, making it look as if the couple are about to be engulfed by the swell.
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Very nice, I love water shots.

How can I be lost
    If I've got nowhere to go?

Sony a55 16-50mm 2.8 ssm Minolta 50mm 70-300 dt 5.6

Great capture GB
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr
    Please do not edit my photos, thank you.

GB1

Thanks everyone. I think I was at max zoom here or something close to that. On work travel to Va Beach and they put us up on the oceanfront on the 9th floor, made for decent ocean shots. Too bad the weather was completely overcast till the morning we split.

Here is some more shots I got off. The clear ones I got off just before we checked out of the hotel.

GB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails It's a Large World-dsc_0132_px640.jpg   It's a Large World-vabeach1_map_07_2_px640.jpg   It's a Large World-vabeach7_may_2007_px640.jpg   It's a Large World-vabeach9_may_2007_px640.jpg   It's a Large World-dsc_0001_640.jpg  

My Site

Well done on them all GB. The first one is splendid.....
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Very dramatic, especially for us land lubbers.

GB1

Thks everyone. My first thoughts were that the trip was a wash w.r.t. photography, but after getting everyone's comments here, I guess there was a few keepers after all.

Overbeyond, it does seem like they're about to be swept away... It reminds me of the asian tsunami perhaps. I still remember a video of some guy in the water just standing there staring at the monster wave like either he didn't understand or ? Sort of like these walkers.

My Site

Some more great beach/ocean shots GB Been crazy foggy here every morning too. That second shot in your follow-up post is exactly how it's been here. I really need to get motivated to get up a little earlier to go and take some pics before work
    Aaron Lehoux * flickr
    Please do not edit my photos, thank you.

Thread Information