Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Dog Walk

Seb

Dog Walk

Some more flash work.

Seb
    Last edited by Seb; 04-08-2010 at 10:45 PM.

GB1

Re: Dog Walk

Interesting lighting, and I like how you aligned the three shots together. Looks neat.
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Seb, this is an interesting set that blend together quite well. The dark areas line up nicely from one to the other. I'm not a big fan of the lighting from a single flash at night, but I do think you pulled off a successful triptych here
    Last edited by gahspidy; 06-04-2007 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Sticking as Featured photo. May 28, 2007
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Hi Seb,
    First, congratulations! I like the shot on the left very much; the shadows and the dark background are really wonderful. The red jacket also makes the photo very eye-catching. The combination of the 3 shots is refreshing. Could you enlighten me why the arrangement of the 3 photos is in the present sequence. I cannot figure out the transition espeically the photo in the middle.
    All the best.
    yoyo

Seb

GB: Thanks for the positive feedback.

Gary: Single flash (off camera) is quite my thing at that point in time. I am experimenting in this direction in an attempt to present things differently. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Yoyo: It's been a long time! I am glad to hear from you. Truthfully the pictures arrangement purely is a visual thing. There is no deep concept behind this lol... Moreover, I liked the idea to present the dog from two points of view and to isolate these views with an "empty" picture.

Seb

Congratulations on the sticky Seb!

I think that the triptych works really well and I think that the lighting works very well in this case. I particularly like the way the way that the lit forground occupies an increasing percentage of the images from left to right, the red coat provides an interesting contrast with the black sky and I really like the fact that it is partially visible in the far right image.

Herriot

i especially like the left one, because the human's face is not visible. so the main character is the dog, small and fragile and very much in need of the human, who is red and therefore also very dominant in the photo. means: that dog would not survive without him or her.
    well done from my point of view.

Seb

Thank you guys, I appreciate your comments.

Seb

Thread Information