Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: A Few Effects

GB1

A Few Effects

Here's a few effects on a recent model shot - original, local equalization, and l.e. with vignetting.

How do you feel about the effects..? Opinions are welcome! :10:

Fuji Reala 100 film

GB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A Few Effects-debbrown_mar5_07_roll4_shot13_px640.jpg   A Few Effects-debbrown_mar5_07_roll4_shot13_edit1_px640.jpg   A Few Effects-debbrown_mar5_07_roll4_shot13_edit2_px640.jpg  
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: A Few Effects

id have to say i like the second one the best, im also a fan of the orignal version

I like 'em! The second would be great for an album cover or something like that. The vignetting cuts too close to the model I think in the third.

Canon EOS 350D
    Canon EF 28-200mm f/3.5-5.6 USM
    Sigma 30mm f/1.4 EX DC HSM
    Sigma 18-50mm f/3.5-5.6 DC
    Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG
    Canon 50mm f/1.8 II
    Canon Speedlight 430EX

My Flickr Page

Good location and attractive model. I do have a problem though with the whole concept of the face being obscured in shadow. I am not sure either of the effects deal with that issue. Personal taste though. I would be interested in any other shots from that location.

Cheers
    Mike
    Mike Dales ARPS
    My website: www.mikedalesphotography.co.uk

GB..........really terrific. Really. In which program was that done? PS? CS, PSE? or another? I think the center version should be hung on a wall. :thumbsup:
    John

GB1

Thks everyone, for commenting!

Mondo - I personally am not sure about the lighting on the original, seems that the sun caused most everything to look flat (with the exception of her face in shadow, which is itself an issue..). I guess # 2 is best because it masks that, sort of...

Ken, I agree about the vignetting. Perhaps I could re-scan it a little wider (I did crop a tad) and try again from there to keep the edges away from the model.

Didache - Totally agree about the shadow. It makes her seem like a stranger to me. I do think it's somewhat correctable in PS, but not sure how good that would be. More shots are coming from this shoot as soon as I finish scanning them, which is taking a lot longer than I though

John - I used Corel PhotoPaint.. Not sure PS has such a filter/effect. I do like the center one but think that the top black line is distracting. Here's another with it (and a little of the other sides) cropped - what'ya think?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A Few Effects-new-4.jpg  
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.

My Site

Thread Information