Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Blah Blah Blah

GB1

Blah Blah Blah

Not sure what I have here with this shot.... :crazy:

Got Opinions?

Another local equalization experiment thrown in with it. After running that function on several shots, I'm starting to think the adjusted ones are twice as good as the original. Maybe it's the rustic background that works with it so well.

Film was Fuji Reala 100.

Gb
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blah Blah Blah-debbrown_mar5_07_roll1_shot15_px640.jpg   Blah Blah Blah-debbrown_mar5_07_roll1_shot15_px640_local_equal.jpg  
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: Blah Blah Blah

I really like the effect you created. Kind of reminds me of lucis art. Have you ever worked with the lucis art plugin?

GB1

Quote Originally Posted by drew2143
    I really like the effect you created. Kind of reminds me of lucis art. Have you ever worked with the lucis art plugin?
    No, but did a quick search to see examples. Seems a lot like Corel's local equalization filter, .. maybe a bit more subtle though.

My Site

GB1

Here's another equalized shot of that scene - GB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Blah Blah Blah-debbrown_mar5_07_roll1_shot22_px640_local_equil1.jpg  

My Site

I really like the last edit ... she just seems to distant in the 1st go
    Ben

Bodies: Nikon D300 - Nikon D50

Lenses: Nikkor 50mm f1.8 D - Tamron 17mm - 50mm F2.8 - Nikon 70mm - 200mm F2.8 VR - Nikon 1.7 Teleconverter

Lighting: Nikon SB600 speedlight - AlienBees (2) B400's - Polaris Flash Meter

Stabalization: Manfrotto 190XPROB tripod - Manfrotto 3265 joystick head

Just out of curiosity is there a filter in photoshop that produces the same effect as the correl's local equalization filter?

i'm not sure what to think of this. what were you going for with the shot?
    a tall, skinny girl in underware talking the phone in a run down building........
    like you said, i'm not sure what you have with that shot.

GB1

Ben - Thanks. I can see that compared to the second post that the first seems distant. Maybe I should try cropping in a bit on the first?

Drew - Good question! I'm not really a PS guy. I do have PS CS2 that I got for a good price while a student, but I haven't really learned it since I keep falling back on Corel (which I've been using for ~ 15 yrs). I bet there's a lot of folks out there that CAN answer this, however... so step up and be recognized!

Z - :lol: You do have a point. We ad hoc'd a lot on this shoot (I didn't have a theme in mind). There was little pressure. Now I'm stuck trying to reverse engineer it.

Btw, she looks taller than she is. I'm 5'7" and had an inch or two on her. :ihih:
    Last edited by GB1; 03-31-2007 at 10:03 PM.

My Site

Thread Information