Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>

New Lenses For Pentax Digital SLRs

Just got back from PMA and I'm still working on show coverage. I just made a post in our PMA blog about Pentax-compatible lenses. Pentax introduced two new pro lenses, but I took special note of the Schneider glass that Samsung is offering - especially the D-Xenogon 35mm f/2.0 lens. I just made a post about new Pentax-compatible lenses in our PMA blog. If you've got a Pentax body, you'll want to take a look.

Pentax Lens PMA Blog >>
    PMA Blog Index >>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails New Lenses For Pentax Digital SLRs-_mg_6748.jpg  
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: New Lenses For Pentax Digital SLRs

How about this one?

http://www.pentaximaging.com/product...tal_35mm_macro

Years ago there was a Pentax A 20mm f/4 macro lens that was (and still is in some places) considered the ultimate macro, the ultimate 200mm, and possibly the finest lens ever made.

Not a lot were made, and they're really hard to find and really expensive.

According to legend, Marty Forscher in New York converted a number of them to Canon mount for a LOT of money.

I've seen the photos and specs on this lens. I had given up hope of ever tracking one down.

I just saw a new lens on the Pentax Web site, a P-FA 200mm f/4 Macro. Specs are the same, the barrel looks the same, and perhaps Pentax realized that if they made the lens again, people would buy it.

Not listed on any stores yet.Let's hope that Pentax marketing is finally waking up from their zombie-like slumber!

Quote Originally Posted by danag42
    Let's hope that Pentax marketing is finally waking up from their zombie-like slumber![/b]
    Based on what I saw at PMA, Pentax has definitely been re-energized by their recent success. The new SLRs have got them a lot of positive attention and they have a new confidence. It's good to see.
    Photo-John

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

I agree
    I have two pentax cameras a K110D and a K10D and frankly they shoot better pics than my D200 and My wifes D40...
    I have a slew of lenses from Tamron, pentax and sigma and sigma by far are the best...I did just test ride one of the new f1.8 at samys camera and it is an amazing lens....
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Quote Originally Posted by jgredline
    I agree
    I have two pentax cameras a K110D and a K10D and frankly they shoot better pics than my D200 and My wifes D40...
    I have a slew of lenses from Tamron, pentax and sigma and sigma by far are the best...I did just test ride one of the new f1.8 at samys camera and it is an amazing lens....
    You've got a lot of cool stuff - regardless of what you like best. Most people would be more than happy to have any one of those cameras. I know I like the K10D a lot, though. I personally haven't had a chance to really test either the D200 or the D40.

Please post reviews for all your gear. We always need more reviews for cameras, lenses, and anything else you've got. There's no such thing as too many reviews. And reviews from someone who's had a chance to compare so many cameras are even more valuable.

Read and write reviews >>

Thanks for sharing and welcome to the site!
    Photo-John

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

I sure will..I am new to this site and have not had the chance to explore it much...
    I agree that user reviews are quite cool.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Thread Information