Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Red II

Red II

Hi, here is another red shot

C&C very welcome, especially which one you like best!

1. Are you color blind??!!! Get me outta here

2. Big Red.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Red II-red_ii.jpg   Red II-red_lady.jpg  
    Feel free to edit my pictures, and let me know what you've done.

Re: Red II

Hi, it is the third picture. The second one is a mistake
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Red II-big_red.jpg  

Canon

I am red/green colorblind, and it took me like 2minutes to find the red pepper. And i'm not even sure it's the right one... ;)

Cool photos though. The red stands out more in the second because there isn't any green around it, so it's more effective. I can't comment on the first, because to me it has no red in it.

i like this pepper shot better than the first pepper shot. it's not centered and it looks more natural, the pepers are just hanging out instead of posing for a picture, you know what i mean?

Definitely enjoy the peppers better here. Moving it out of the center gives it more oomph, yes? The other image isn't grabbing me quite.
    Dee
    www.amomentisforever.com

I'm leaving my husband for my D3X! I'm in love!!!

Please, feel free to edit the images I submit for critique. I'm a visual kind of gal!

Thank you everyone for your input!
    I submitted the pepper picture

GB1

I like the red pepper better off-center also. But it really should be rock-solid in focus if it's going to be the subject, and seems to be little fuzzy/soft. I also think a very deep DOF would work better on these type shots: would create a flat effect that would oppose the diagonal angle and would look mystifying (confusing! ) to the user. The BOA shot at the bottom is also good - I like how you caught her just halfway in the door, where you can't really see who she is. It's the perfect blend of information and lack of it.

Gb
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

As GB1 indicated the peppers are not in rock solid focus, but a further problem in that shot is too much glare and uneven lighting. I would have tried a polarizer to reduce the glare, get better colour as well as work on sharper focus.

Ronnoco
    www.photoinf.com

Accepted photo standards in technique and composition are the tools used to judge photo quality.

Thanks for your comments!

How do you get more DOF?

I did have a polarizer on the camera, but I was in a grocery store!

I really need to learn to slow down and take my time. Im always somewhat afraid someone is going to tell me to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by veggie
    Thanks for your comments!

How do you get more DOF?

I did have a polarizer on the camera, but I was in a grocery store!

I really need to learn to slow down and take my time. Im always somewhat afraid someone is going to tell me to leave.
    You get more DOF by shooting at a higher f stop such as f11 or f16 depending on your camera and focusing for the middle of the frame. Changing angle slightly also helps so that the distance between the closest and furthest pepper is less and within the focus range. Shooting at a wider angle will also make the DOF seem larger.

Considering the circumstances, I guess that trying to deal with the glare would have been next to impossible.

Ronnoco
    www.photoinf.com

Accepted photo standards in technique and composition are the tools used to judge photo quality.

Thread Information