Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: The Pit Crew

The Pit Crew

Well, it's two kids and an older guy. I got this while shooting an off road race in Nevada.

C & C always appreciated
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The Pit Crew-img_9432_640.jpg  
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

Re: The Pit Crew

I think this shot would be more interesting if you enlarged the truck and trailer so you could see more of the detail. They seem too far away in this image. I do like the setting.

Jim B.
    Too bad all the people who know how to run this country are busy running taxicabs or cutting hair.

George Burns

Quote Originally Posted by jbaldocchi
    I think this shot would be more interesting if you enlarged the truck and trailer so you could see more of the detail. They seem too far away in this image. I do like the setting.

Jim B.
    The truck was on the otherside of the track. This image was not cropped at all so I may not pick any more detail than what I have already

The more I look at it, I wonder is this a picture of the crew or of the mountain range (landscape shot). I have yet to decide.

Thanks for commenting Jim.

Eric
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

Nice capture and a great title. I was looking for something from the Daytona 500.
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Great shot Manacsa.
    I see just enough of the lightning on the truck. It's an interesting shot and the magnitude of the backdrop and there's a nice area of green between truck and mountain giving it a nice bit of depth. There's very little to suggest a race track nearby and that is good; hence there is a bit of isolation/being lost added. A big one of this I'm sure would look fabulous.
    Tom
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Thanks Greg. There is a Nascar event this weekend 1 hour away from here but I don't have the time or money to attend. There is a race in Long Beach come April. Maybe I can shoot there

Thanks for your comment Tom. You share what I see in the shot. I've been driving pass this area since childhood everytime we go to Vegas. I never knew I would be photographing it so much.

Eric
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

I like the landscape more than the pit crew. If I were you I'd either crop or reshoot. Because the shadow on the bottom of the mountain looks nice.
    Louis An Photography

--Canon Rebel XTi
    --18-55 mm EF
    --75-300 mm EF
    --10-17 mm fisheye
    --Adobe Photoshop CS3
    --Photomatix Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Has He Lost His Mind?
    I like the landscape more than the pit crew. If I were you I'd either crop or reshoot. Because the shadow on the bottom of the mountain looks nice.
    I'll go back and do a pano of the area. I'm there like every 2 months.....it's on the way to Vegas you know

Thanks for your comment and suggestion!
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

"The more I look at it, I wonder is this a picture of the crew or of the mountain range (landscape shot). I have yet to decide."

nice u have the choice.. i assume u mean crop most of the original image away to change from a landscape shot to a pit crew shot..

i wouldnt consider i had that choice but thats just me..

trog

Quote Originally Posted by trog100
    "The more I look at it, I wonder is this a picture of the crew or of the mountain range (landscape shot). I have yet to decide."

nice u have the choice.. i assume u mean crop most of the original image away to change from a landscape shot to a pit crew shot..

i wouldnt consider i had that choice but thats just me..

trog
    No I wouldn't crop it. I wonder if this is a landscape shot accessorized by the object in the foreground of vise versa. I suppose it depends on the viewer and what they appreciate more about the photo
    Canon 5D MKII & Canon 7D

i like it as it is.. a pit crew in a landscape.. my apologies for thinking u might crop the landscape part away.. but the word does seem very commonly used here.. he he

trog

Thread Information