Sony and Konica Minolta Cameras Forum

Sony Digital Cameras Forum This forum is for discussing Sony digital cameras and the Sony Alpha DSLR and Konica Minolta Maxxum / Dynax SLR systems.
Sony Digital SLR Reviews >>
Sony Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Sony 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
All Sony Photography Product Reviews >>
Sony Digital Cameras & History Page >>

Cybershot H1 flash Problem

I dont know if it came with the camera this way, but when im trying to take action pics the flash refuses to go on, I dont know if your familiar with the Sony Cybershot H1, but you press a button on a little pannel and it shows a flash symbol, but in Action mode it doesnt go on, it wont go on. I dont know if its something wrong with my camera its an 05 I think and hasnt been abuse but it has been used a little bit. Tryed changing batteries to see if that would work and the flash works in other settings. This is for mountain biking so it has to be on the action setting. Thanks for any help, but if the flash doesnt work looks like ill be selling this camera and getting a different one cuz this is just crazy

Thanks

Eric

Re: Cybershot H1 flash Problem

hi.

the action setting just tells the camera to shoot with a fast shutter - the aperture and ISO are secondary considerations. This will give you less blurred photos of fast action. Not sure why your flash doesn't want to work in action mode.

Try shooting in S mode, set the shutter speed to 200 or 250. Flash should work, and results will be the same.
    Erik Williams

Olympus E3, E510
    12-60 SWD, 50-200 SWD, 50 f/2 macro, EX25, FL36's and an FL50r.

Quote Originally Posted by Sushigaijin
    hi.

the action setting just tells the camera to shoot with a fast shutter - the aperture and ISO are secondary considerations. This will give you less blurred photos of fast action. Not sure why your flash doesn't want to work in action mode.

Try shooting in S mode, set the shutter speed to 200 or 250. Flash should work, and results will be the same.
    Thanks Erik, will try that

still doesnt want to work, only setting the flash wants to work on is the night setting, weird

Thread Information