Nature and Wildlife Photography Forum

Discuss all types of nature and wildlife photography, photo techniques, equipment, and share your nature and wildlife photos.
Featured Photo
Photo by BMOORE

by BMOORE
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: My Beardie...

My Beardie...

Paul's Leo thread got me to thinking about all my past Herps, none of which I own anymore. So anyway, I thought I'd post some pics of my old bearded dragon, Iph. Iphy got his name because when he came to me he was in very bad shape, and we didn't know "Iph" he was gonna live, or "Iph" he was gonna die, or even "Iph" he would ever eat again.

However, he did live, and he did eat, and he did get very fat!

As you can see Iphy has missing digits on his rear legs. We are not sure how he lost them, or even if he was born that way. I personally lean toward him being born that way. He was just missing his toes on the right side, but he was missing a whole half of his left rear leg.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Beardie...-lizzy-018.jpg   My Beardie...-lizzy-025.jpg   My Beardie...-lizzy-047.jpg   My Beardie...-lizzy-052.jpg  
    John Cowan
    Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    ~Ernest Hemingway~

Re: My Beardie...

hehe, I used to have a few of those, they ate more than my three cats and dog combined!!

usually toe/limb loss is due to fighting with cagemates when they are young. It's unfortunately more common than you might think.

Erik.
    Erik Williams

Olympus E3, E510
    12-60 SWD, 50-200 SWD, 50 f/2 macro, EX25, FL36's and an FL50r.

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

Re: My Beardie...

Poor thing! I am glad you got him and he had a better home provided for him.
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Thread Information