Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Three Kings

photo gallery Mod. starriderrick's Avatar

Three Kings

Unedited image. From a recent Expedition.
    Your thoughts.
    Rick
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Three Kings-3-kings-s.jpg  

Re: Three Kings

Verynice. Great green color and the comp of the three trees together is good. When you say unedited, did you not apply any sharpness as well? the concern I have here is only that the image lacks adequate sharpness. Good work
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

drg

Rick,

The color and its saturation is beautiful.

One thing I keep noticing of late with your photographs is that they all seem to be underexposed. At first I thought it was me or a monitor, but have looked now with a couple of different ones (including the daily calibrated monitors at work)and am still seeing a lot of underexposure. Even popped this one and one or two others up in a histogram and they are dark. There isn't really anything wrong with this other than you aren't getting the full possibility out of your sensor and your shadow area would be richer in contrast if there was more range to work with.

Check that histogram when shooting to see how you camera is 'reading' the scene. An image can be more effectively toned down after the fact than brightened.

Keep 'em coming! You have had some real goodies lately, I'm catching up on my viewing from the past few weeks.
    CDPrice 'drg'
    Biography and Contributor's Page

Please do not edit and repost any of my photographs.

photo gallery Mod. starriderrick's Avatar

Thank you...
    The LCD screen is optimistic.I will use the histogram.Good that you pointed this out.(I'm a DSLR rookie) No, I did not sharpen this image, I see that it could use it. Excellent advice/help .I appreciate this very much.
    Rick

Thread Information