Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Changing Rooms

Changing Rooms

Like to know how you feel about this little chap.
    Tom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Changing Rooms-chalets.jpg  
    Last edited by gahspidy; 12-17-2006 at 10:27 AM. Reason: unsticking
    http://www.overbeyond.com

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

Re: Changing Rooms

That's cool, I've never seen anything like that. Very colorful, great patterns, good choice of panorama

Those changing rooms on a beach for surfers etc? That seems like it would be so easy.

would you mind posting a larger version inyuor gallery so we can see more detail?
    <><
    Flickr
    --Rebel T2i
    --Sigma 10-20mm
    --Canon EF-S 55-250mm
    --Tamron 17-50mm F2.8

Great choice for a panorama shot. Are those hotels in the background? Great colors...
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Excellent subject and captured very well. I like this . One minor nit, it seems that there is a slight blueish tint or tone on the buildings. I know the sky is a strong blue but there seems to be a slight hint of it on the buildings.It may be an illusion from the strong blue sky and the small sized image. Well seen and captured, Tom
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Tom

A traditional UK/Ireland beach side scene beautifully captured.

One very very very very minor critique and perhaps its beacuse I look to hard at photos is there is either an ariel(s) or bird(s) above the first white house on the left and the next but one house (brown) along from it which for some reason grabs my eyes. Clone these out and it would be perfect.

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Thanks to everyone. I was especially pleased by your feedback as I was not 100% sure about this one.
    It was taken one morning on an East coast beach in England. I had to get up to get out to try and clear a hangover from a wedding on the previous day.
    Yes Greg; the building at the back would be hotels and guesthouses.
    Mr Yuck; The huts are rented by beach users and are often sold at crazy prices.
    Roger you have an eye like a hawk but you're right.
    Gary I never noticed this to be honest but it is there alright.
    I tried to find the original to have another look but lo and behold it seems to have lost itself in the unsafe evvironment that is my hard drive, but I'm sure it will re-surface.
    Tom

I have a total lack of respect for anything connected with society, except that which makes the roads safer, the beer stronger, the food cheaper, and the old men and old women warmer in the winter and happier in the summer. Brendan Behan

its looks like three images stitched together but the small size suggests its a full width letterbox type crop taken from a much larger image.. ???

i like it but its just too small..

trog

Thanks Trog; Yes it is a letterbox crop from a larger image.
    Tom

Love + Music + Photography = Life CLKunst's Avatar

Nice pop Tom!
    I really like the crop and the colors here. The patterns are irresistible. I especially like the conflict between the rigid order of the roof tops of the bath houses versus the chaotic ridge line of the chimneys and roofs behind, an interesting dynamic. And in counterbalance is the riot of colors versus the drab brick. I like it!
    C.L. Kunst - CLicKs Photography
    Asheville Photographer
    www.clicksphotography.net

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

Even though this is a rather small version of this, I love it!
    I love the vibrant colors and the many different repeating shapes!
    Had I photographed this, I think I would have come up a little closer to the huts.
    Brian
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

interesting concept really.. the very small crop.. u take a picture of the countryside.. there happens to be a butterfly caught in the shot.. u crop it out and it becomes a photograph of a butterfy.. or does it.. he he

in the digital age given enough mega pixels it probably will..

trog

I commented on this in the gallery: http://gallery.photographyreview.com...hp?photo=52703

Remember, when you use the forum upload, your image is also uploaded to the gallery. Even if you primarily use this forum, check your gallery periodically to see if you're getting comments there, too.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

I love this photo. Wonderful perspective with brilliant colors and a repetitive pattern.

Good point about the gallery post John. I hope everyone will get over there especially when they have new images up.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

CL, trog100 and mtbbrian; Thanks so much for your comments.
    Photojohn; I did not realise that they are also in the gallery; is this relatively new? Thank you so much for leaving the comment.
    Old Timer; Thank you for your supporting words.

Tom

Featured Photo and A Sticky. whats going on?
    The last time I ever featured in anything was when I won at the wheel of fortune when I was 6 but my Mum choose the prize and took the Pyrex dish. Ah well....
    Tom

Moderator of Critiques/Hearder of Cats mtbbrian's Avatar

LOL Tom.
    It's a great photograph, worthy of it's featured status!
    Brian
    :thumbsup:
    My "Personal" Photography Website...
    高手
    My Moderator Bio Page...
    Nikon Samurai #2 - Emeritus
    See more of my photography here...

“A great photograph is one that fully expresses what one feels, in the deepest sense, about what is being photographed, and is, thereby, a true manifestation of what one feels about life in its entirety...” - Ansel Adams

"Photography Is An Act Of Life" - Maine 2006

Grumpy,

Fabulous photo, and I concur: most worthy of the Photo Of The Week. I am envious and happy for you at the same time. Congratulations.

CF
    Coastal Flyer

:yikes:

Congrats on the featured photo, and well deserved. You have a nice web site as well. Makes you feel good don't it...
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thread Information