Camera Dealer Feedback Forum

This forum is moderated by, Grandpaw.

Question London camera store

Hi, does anyone know the Spectrum camera store in Tottenham Court Road, London, England? Is it a reliable store? They've given a great quote on a DSLR but there's a lot of rip off stores along that road so am a bit wary. They say they're spot on and the gaurantees are legit but...
    Any help would be great! Thanks

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar

Re: London camera store

I would stay clear of anything on the Tottenham Court Road.
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

Be very careful with this store. my opinion is stay well away - their prices are not advertised. So they haggle with you and give you what looks like a good offer but in reality they really give you a price which is extremely high. (Also the stuff they have will often be the "last" one so they don't have any more - basically you are buying the one on the shelf that has been on display)
    Just to see if it's true check out an item elsewhere and then see what offer they will quote

Shanda

Toon Army Foot Soldier straightarm's Avatar

if you're going to buy in the UK, have a look at this site

www.camerpricebuster.co.uk
    Simon, bombadier 1st class

Avoid Spectrum camera store Tottenham Court Road like the plague would be my advice.
    Bought photography equipment for my partner so not up to speed in prices myself and they really seemed a nice group of helpful staff. Knew their stuff and spoke of having only one in stock etc and hey was Friday so I was rather tired.
    I didn't mind paying £40.00 more for a Tamron lens than in Jessops as I should have shopped around but hey the filter! Charged me £25 (allegedlly a bargain reduced from £28.00!)for a basic Kood UV filter that costs between £9.00-£12.00 in other high street shops I researched.
    When I called up to amicably resolve and suggest I had been overcharged in error perhaps they declined to be helpful and were positively rude! Stated there was nothing they could do as this is their price. So beware would be my advice!!!!

They just swapped the body on the spot for me.
    We provide guarantee to pass spanishprograms.com gmat with online exam training spanishprograms - spanish sign language itil and you can also get best quality rosettastone mcat along with The Polyglot Club mcat for your guaranteed success.

Thread Information