Nikon Camera Equipment Forum

Discuss Nikon digital cameras, Nikon film cameras, Nikkor lenses, Nikon camera accessories, etc. - Your Nikon cameras forum moderator is Franglais.
Nikon Review Index >>
Nikon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Zoom Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Prime Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Camera News, Pro Reviews & Articles >>

Thread: D2h

D2h

Hi,

I can get a good price on a second hand D2h now I just wonder how well it would be suited as a general purpose camera. I usually don't make enlargements bigger than 20x30 (cm that is) and shoot about everything. I'm mainly looking for a camera that has more controls on the body instead of in the menus and some very good rugged quality. So would the D2h be a good choice?

thanks,

Wouter.
    Nikon D50, Sigma 18-50 EX DC, Sigma 28-70 EX DG, Sigma 70-200 EX DG, Nikon SB600

Re: D2h

I haven't used one personally, but they're a great camera ergonomically. The viewfinder is huge & bright and it just fits my hands perfectly. 20x30cm is roughly 8x12", and I doubt you'd have any problem with resolution at that size. One thing to know is that some of them had light meter related problems, which Nikon has fixed. You might check to see if this one has already been serviced, and if not make sure it's not a grey-market camera for your area (at least in the US, if you had a grey market camera you were out of luck - based on what I've read). If you use high ISO's a lot, you might look at something else - the D200 is probably about the same price and in some ways a superior camera.

Hi,

The lightmeter is already replaced and from the picture the owner has send me it was sold through the offical Nikon representative for my location. It's only one year old and has one year of warranty to go. Currently it's at a shop for a checkup and maintenance. It has about 50 000 shots taken. All manuals, accessories and software is included.

Wouter.
    Nikon D50, Sigma 18-50 EX DC, Sigma 28-70 EX DG, Sigma 70-200 EX DG, Nikon SB600

Quote Originally Posted by wouterdhoye
    It's only one year old and has one year of warranty to go.
    But is the warranty transferrable? I don't know the answer to that...

Sounds like a pretty safe bet from what you describe, just a matter of coming up with a fair price on it. There are plenty of reviews on the pros/cons of the D2H on the web so you might try googling it.

Thread Information