Canon Cameras Equipment Forum

For discussing all things Canon - Canon digital SLRs, Canon PowerShot digital cameras, Canon film cameras, lenses, accessories, etc. Your Canon Cameras Forum moderator is livin4lax09.
Canon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Canon Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 35mm Film SLR Reviews >>
All Canon Product Reviews >>
Canon Cameras & History >>

Canon Zoom lens EF 20-35mm - problem

The aforementioned camera lens has just done something weird. I am using it with a canon EOS D60 and I switched the lens to manual and...well... the button is stuck I seriously don't know why but the button wont budge and im really worried cause some functions on the camera are starting to act weird as in the shutter delay is abnormally long when I switch to cirtain modes. Does anyone know if this is a problem I can fix myself?

Re: Canon Zoom lens EF 20-35mm - problem

Quote Originally Posted by poken1151
    The aforementioned camera lens has just done something weird. I am using it with a canon EOS D60 and I switched the lens to manual and...well... the button is stuck I seriously don't know why but the button wont budge and im really worried cause some functions on the camera are starting to act weird as in the shutter delay is abnormally long when I switch to cirtain modes. Does anyone know if this is a problem I can fix myself?
    I don't thinks this would be a good idea for some one on the other side of the internet would do to help you with. be best to remove the battery from the camera for now and see if anyone here have a similar problem. other than that you could have to send it in for repair.

Re: Canon Zoom lens EF 20-35mm - problem

Heh, iI know this will sound unprofessional...but I had a dream last night that the switch was working. I got up and tried to flip it, still stuck, then it fell off. I noticed it was unlached from the metal grip inside and I set it and fixed it.

Thread Information