ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>

Wedding cake fun!

My sister makes cakes. She even makes the flowers, herself, out of sugar paste. She is highly skilled in Sugarcraft.

She had just finished making a Wedding cake and had to deliver it yesterday.
    So, before she delivered it I went to her house to have some fun
    shooting it.
    Oh my goodness! I had sooooo much fun taking the pics and I am so
    happy with them.
    Most of them are natural lighting but I did have a little go with my
    flash too. (Bounced of course).

Before anyone asks, no my sister didn't make the cake toppers but she has done in the past. She did, however have to change the guys hair colour and she gave him a gold waistcoat.

I just thought you might like to see some wedding cake pics a little out of the ordinary. :thumbsup:
    Last edited by Alison; 02-25-2007 at 05:22 PM.

Re: Wedding cake fun!

I never dreamed I would get so many good images

wedding cakes are so much fun to photograph and design---I've been doing it on the side for about 7-8 years+ here's one I decorated(with fresh flowers)...I only work with Fondant and made my own wedding flowers out of sugarpaste(stephanotis and roses)for my wedding cake...I LOVE these shots you've brought the "bride and groom" to life! Your sister is very talented
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Quote Originally Posted by natatbeach
    wedding cakes are so much fun to photograph and design---I've been doing it on the side for about 7-8 years+ here's one I decorated(with fresh flowers)...I only work with Fondant and made my own wedding flowers out of sugarpaste(stephanotis and roses)for my wedding cake...I LOVE these shots you've brought the "bride and groom" to life! Your sister is very talented
    Beautiful work Nat!!!

Yeah she has done more elaborate cakes than that but that's what the customer wanted. (Her own wedding cake for example...tut)

#1 My twin sister's, Diana & Susan, made the wedding cake for Diana's wedding. All the flowers and leaves are sugar paste and were made by them too.
    #2 Diana and her hubby
    #3 Diana in lemon, Susan in Blue

Thread Information