Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Desert Sunrise

GB1

Desert Sunrise

Very early in the morning in the S. Cali desert. Comments welcome.
    Fuji Velvia, Mamiya 645.

GB
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Desert Sunrise-sunrise1_1.jpg  
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: Desert Sunrise

Oooh...very pretty. I love the colors in the sky, and the outline of light around the cacti...so nice. The only complaint I have is that it seems slightly tilted? Otherwise, really a beautiful shot.

Emily

And people ask how I can stand to live in the desert for nearly 20 years. The desert sunrises and sunsets are AMAZING! I like the detail on the ocotillo and the colors too.
    :: TiltedGlass ::
    Tilting the glass on perception...

GB1

Thanks Emily and Atheomerase. The sunrises and sunsets are great out there (it's the middle of the day that's the hard part). It sure looks like I tilted the camera.. my rookie mistake. I bet I can correct it during the scanning process (for whatever reason, I've never been able to correct it in software without creating jadgies... )

Velvia is famous for these type colors btw... I wonder if all this will be gone when all there is is digital??

GB

My Site

A graduated neutral density filter (square kind) would bring up more detail and colour in the foreground. Paint Shop Pro or PhotoShop can easily even up the horizon.

Even if you are super keen on film, it is worthwhile scanning and doing photo editing on the computer.

Ronnoco

GB1

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnoco
    A graduated neutral density filter (square kind) would bring up more detail and colour in the foreground. Paint Shop Pro or PhotoShop can easily even up the horizon.

Even if you are super keen on film, it is worthwhile scanning and doing photo editing on the computer.

Ronnoco
    Ronnoco, Yeah, I'll have to learn PS one of these days. It's just sitting there on my computer, unused for the most part. Also, I do have a graduated ND filter but havent learned how to take it out of my bag yet :\ Boo hoo. I think once I get going on that, it'll be second nature.
    GB

My Site

Thread Information