Canon Cameras Equipment Forum

For discussing all things Canon - Canon digital SLRs, Canon PowerShot digital cameras, Canon film cameras, lenses, accessories, etc. Your Canon Cameras Forum moderator is livin4lax09.
Canon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Canon Above 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 8 to 10-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 6 to 7-Megapixel Digital Camera Reviews >>
Canon 35mm Film SLR Reviews >>
All Canon Product Reviews >>
Canon Cameras & History >>

Question hi, new guy here. Canon eos rebel t2

Just recieved a new canon eos rebel t2 yesterday. Already shot a whole roll of film. Pretty nice camera, never used one before. But i have one question. I noticed that it is set for single shot in the LCD window. But if you press the button for more than a split second it continues to shoot.
    Is there a way to turn this off?? Or do i just need to relax on the button pushing?

Re: hi, new guy here. Canon eos rebel t2

Is that single shot auto focus or the film advance? They aren't the same thing. To change the film advance, look for the self-timer/advance button. That's usually somewhere around the LCD on Canon SLRs. You would hold that down and turn the exposure dial near the shutter release.

I'm not actually sure if your camera offers different auto focus modes. But if it does, single shot in the LCD might refer to that. If that's what it is, then it locks the AF when you press the shutter release halfway. The other options are AI Servo and another one that I can't remember the name of. AI Servo is predictive, continuous AF which will stay active as long as you have the shutter release button depressed.

You said the camera is new. You do have the manual, right? It's good to read those
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information