Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>
    More eagerness than skills.. rzozaya1969's Avatar

Desesperate with HP Photosmart R927

I bought this camera when I was feeling kinda low and didn't do my homework (research) properly. The salesman was good, and the camera had what I thought at the time good assets: Fast turn on process, is small enough. I do mountain biking, and what I need is a small camera, and one that I can take out, and take pics fast.

But this camera, sometimes the aiming box, rather than green, turns red (but still takes the pic), and what irks me most of all, is that 1 in 5 times it says 'processing' and apparently locks up! I was at a wedding, had my cousins all set up to be photographed, and the thing didn't want to take the pic! I tried several settings to see if I could find some easier to prevent the dreaded 'processing' message, but all turned the same.

I think that my Cannon A520 was a better value, and had a great picture quality if not the same resolution (on the cannon, you can choose the resolution and image quality, or compression, separately, on the HP, they go hand in hand).

The Cannon can take 9 different areas to take an average of the image, where the HP only 5, but all of those 5 are horizontal

What I don't like about the Cannon is that sometimes when turning on the camera, the shutter won't open completely until tapped with a finger.

The cannon can take any AA batery, while the HP uses a special battery (when I bought it, HP had a traveling kit, which included a battery charging station and an extra battery).

Anyway, I'm thinking on keeping the Cannon, and to see what I can do about the HP. Not sure yet, probably I'm going to give the HP another try.

More eagerness than skills.. rzozaya1969's Avatar

Re: Desesperate with HP Photosmart R927

I've been playing around to get the 'processing' message out of the way. When I specify an ASA speed (rather than have the camera doing it automatically) it seems to work perfectly.

Still, I think this is no the best camera. But I'll try to use it better.

Thread Information