Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

1st time shoting these

I usually shoot Motorcross pics, but took a stab at Drag and Sand riding..Here is a few ..I have been shooting with my Camera for 6 months and Im still learning ...

This one was an experiment to see what I could do kind of wild ...!

I like the sand coming off the bottom of his quad in this one

I REALLY wish I had the shutter speed and ISO set better here.. This was right before the sunset.Still, I like the photo.

Re: 1st time shoting these

Is the top shot Tony Elliott? You need a good flash and faster lens, some of these are under exsposed. You have very good timing though!

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 70-200mm USM IS f2.8
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 28-300mm USM IS f3.5-5.6
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Im not sure on the drivers name . That pic I was having fun with, I liked the effect it gave...

I have these blown up on 8x12 and they look really good!

I took some shots with a polarizer this past wk end at the MX track, some were a bit darker, I like them though.Soem I shot w/o as well.
    I have only been shooting for a few months and have limited lenses right now. In time, Ill upgrade ;)
    At firs at I thoght I had a dirty censor in this pic, but after viewing all the others discovered that it was the roost he was putting off.. LOL

All these are polarized...

This is w/o.I like the shots at about 400 shutter on a sunny day.Some abit slower to give the wheels a nice look in the dirt

This was the st time tryng it at the race track. I mainly bought it for Sand riding pics. I thought the CP would be something fun to experiment with .
    Can you suggest a flash and Lense? What price range do they run as well? I also race so does 3 other members in my house (Hubby and kids race Quads as well)so it would be something Ill have to save up for.

I am currently using a Canon Rebel XT with a Canon 75-300 lense w/o IS.
    I recently went to a Canon workshop at the dunes in June and got a great experience getting to shoot with many,many selections of Cameras and Lenses. Some of the bigger lenses I shot with was ALOT more than I would ever need but I had a really good time shooting with them. I will Definately be back for the workshop again next June.

Thread Information