Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Problem with my FujiFilm FinePix A340 Digital Camera,

Well, I had kept it in my backpack one day, and then after that, it's been acting quite weird. Very often, when I take pictures, the pictures come out very fuzzy and the tint is green. I can view pictures on my memory card that come out clear, but 95% of the time, I can't take clear pictures because of this tint, I've tried tinkering with it, but, I really just don't know what to do, when I look through the digital view, it's dark (yes, I have the cap off), and when I take the pictures, eveyrthing turns out green and fuzzy.

Does anyone know what's wrong with it?

Re: Problem with my FujiFilm FinePix A340 Digital Camera,

It sounds like your LCD screen has a problem. That's not usually something you can fix on your own. Is it possible that your camera got wet? Does the LCD display have any obvious dents or marks? Did you keep the camera in any kind of protective case, in the backpack? If the LCD is damaged you have three choices
    1) Get the camera repaired - this usually costs more than the camera is worth
    2) Buy a new camera
    3) Use it as is, without relying on the LCD display

I know I didn't really have any good news to offer, but I hope it helps you make a decision. In the meantime, we have no reviews for that camera. I would appreciate it if you would post a review. Please make it a fair review, though. Don't make it a negative review because of this problem unless you really think it's a camera problem. It sounds to me like the camera may have been damaged in the backpack, though. Here's a link to the A340 review page: http://www.photographyreview.com/cat...5_4337crx.aspx
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

I'll write it when I get around to it, but it's not just the LCD screen, whenever I actually take pictures, they come out like this...

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/2...ure0507dk1.jpg

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/4...ture0516te.jpg

[QUOTE=Jyokogawa]I'll write it when I get around to it, but it's not just the LCD screen, whenever I actually take pictures, they come out like this.../QUOTE]

Oh - I thought you said they were ok when you viewed them from the memory card. Looking at one of those photos I have to guess your camera is done-for. Time to buy a new one. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information