Digital Cameras Forum

Digital Cameras Forum Discuss compact digital cameras or ask general digital photography questions - what camera to buy, memory cards, digital camera accessories, etc. You may also want to look at the Digital SLR forum, or the Camera Manufacturer forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital Camera Reviews >>
Digital Camera Buyers Guide >>

Sony Cybershot R1 or Canon powershot Pro1

Can anyone help me on this one ??
    My requirements are :
    1. Should have manual aperture and manual shutter modes
    2. Manual focus
    3. Want to photograph people and mainly scenaries

which one should I go for
    Sony Cybershot R1
    or
    Canon Powershot Pro1
    or
    Canon S2 IS
    or
    Sony DS H2

Re: Sony Cybershot R1 or Canon powershot Pro1

THROW THE S2 AND H2 out of there. pro1 maybe, r1 best of those. but you probably should take a stronger look at the minolta dimage a200 and fujis s9000.... id say its between those 2 adn the R1, unless that swivel screen is something you need from the canon.

Re: Sony Cybershot R1 or Canon powershot Pro1

That's easy - get the Sony R1. The Canon PowerShot Pro1 is a great camera and people love it. But it's been around a while and it's due to be replaced. The Sony R1 is still pretty new and it's the only compact digital camera with an APS-sized sensor. One of the photographers on this site (cgarrard) has been using the R1 to take some really wonderful tide pool photos that look as good as anything I've seen from a "professional" digital SLR. Of course, the photographer is more important than the camera. But a good camera doesn't hurt. Here are a couple of useful Sony R1 links on this site.

Sony CyberShot R1 User Reviews: http://www.photographyreview.com/cat...3_5648crx.aspx
    Sony CyberShot R1 Gallery: http://gallery.photographyreview.com...=all&si=342773
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Talking Re: Sony Cybershot R1 or Canon powershot Pro1

Hi.I have a canon Pro1,a friend has a sony R1.For landscapes,people pictures the R1 wins hands down.The Pro1 is also great for landscapes but has more shutter lag,is slower then the R1.Also the R1 cost a lot more as well.I love my Pro1 but id get a R1 in a second if i had the money.There not a whole lot of difference between 8MP,10MP unless you want to make very large prints then the R1 wins again.Cheers Bob.

Thread Information